It started with my table saw...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Which needed fettling as I couldn't get the damn blade to 90 degrees ! Whilst I didn't find the answer here, I found loads of other interesting stuff and immediately signed up for the year.
I'm into refurbing garden benches (not painting - my wife does that) and making small items (boxes, cutting boards and other stuff) and recently purchased a Laser Pecker engraver, which is fun, but now I want a bigger one (please don't tell my wife!).
I have a very full workshop and won't be allowed to make it bigger (even though we have a large garden) with the usual machines.
I like a laugh - I have to I'm nearly 70, into IT in a small way and still play video games.
We live in a lovely leafy (yes especially in the autumn) part of Surrey, I'm very lucky where I live.
Anything else you want to ask, please do, I'm not shy and WILL be asking questions.

Welcome to the forums, It might just be a make or model that no one has had issues with yet but we all know that a lot of the current machinery available does require fettling and never works straight out of the box. I would be surprised if no one came up with any suggestions for your table saw if you added a post giving the make and model of saw as we do have a lot of people with many years experience in many different fields and not just with making sawdust.

Welcome to the forums, It might just be a make or model that no one has had issues with yet but we all know that a lot of the current machinery available does require fettling and never works straight out of the box. I would be surprised if no one came up with any suggestions for your table saw if you added a post giving the make and model of saw as we do have a lot of people with many years experience in many different fields and not just with making sawdust.
Thnaks Roy, As I said i fixed the problem. I wasn't asking for help (this time !) just trying to say how I got onto Woodworking.

Yes many of us of a certain generation seem to drift into woodwork as a later life pastime and it gives balance if you also have another hobby or interest that is also challenging which for me is software and control systems.

Back