• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Victorian door moulding cutters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilipL

Established Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find anywhere near the correct fit for repair of my Victorian front door so had Whitehills make up cutters to shape. Cost £220 for one door. Now they are redundant. £140?

125x55 spindle moulder block.

Attachments

• doorcutter.pdf
    88.9 KB · Views: 0
It might've been half that price to get a joinery workshop to run the mould for you on your wood. Certainly not more. I know this is after the event for you, but I just post it as an illustration that could be useful to somebody sometime, somewhere.

Mould profiles can often be 'assembled' from a good basic selection of cutters using several runs. The trad pattern of Whitehill block with no limiters but very versatile cutter positioning being unrivalled for that kind of work.

And that's quite a simple profile.

It might've been half that price to get a joinery workshop to run the mould for you on your wood. Certainly not more. I know this is after the event for you, but I just post it as an illustration that could be useful to somebody sometime, somewhere.

Mould profiles can often be 'assembled' from a good basic selection of cutters using several runs. The trad pattern of Whitehill block with no limiters but very versatile cutter positioning being unrivalled for that kind of work.

And that's quite a simple profile.

True. But my cabinet maker who did the job (working in a high quality kitchen company with high quality machinery) didn't think it so doable due to the size. Maybe he was wrong.

Anyhow these will mean someone else doesn't have to cobble together a solution.

Latest posts

Back