• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Kity K5 combi 5 function plus extras SOLD

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
Kity K5 (Mark 2), 5 function combination woodworking machine

200mm saw / 150mm surface planer / 150 x 100mm thickness planer / spindle moulder / slot morticer, 075kw (1hp) motor

Owned from new, clean and in very good condition, all works as it should. No issues though it had a minor repair some time ago to the spindle moulder cast mount for the rise and fall mechanism. It was cracked so a steel strengthening plate was fitted and it is stronger than original and works very well

There are a number of extras including Saw table extension and long fence, easily and quick to fit and remove if space is tight, box joint attachment, Spindle ring fence accessories and along with the standard tooling there are 2 extra pairs of planer knives, 15 french head cutters, 3 spindle slotting blades, extra sawblades, spare belt, original Kity hard backed books and of course instructions. Check the photos for details.

Machine is located in Northumberland (NE65 8) and I'm looking for £500.

I'm not desperate to sell just making an effort to please the missus by appearing to clear out little used equipment so if no interest here I'll advertise locally and see what happens. PM me if any interest.

I also have for sale separately a number of additional items including planer blades, spindle slitting sawblades, slot mortice bits, spare belt x1, cutter block with cutters and 30 – 20mm reducer in case, sanding drum kit. which I'll list for sale in due course.

Attachments

• K5.02.jpg
    K5.02.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Sawblades.jpg
    Sawblades.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 0
  • Tenon attachment.jpg
    Tenon attachment.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Spindle accessories.jpg
    Spindle accessories.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Tooling.jpg
    Tooling.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 0
  • K5.07.jpg
    K5.07.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 0
  • K5.05.jpg
    K5.05.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 0
  • K5.04.jpg
    K5.04.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 0
  • K5.03.jpg
    K5.03.jpg
    363.4 KB · Views: 0
  • K5.01.jpg
    K5.01.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
More photos

Attachments

• K5.12.jpg
    K5.12.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Kity books.jpg
    Kity books.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 0
  • Extension table.jpg
    Extension table.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 0
Hi how old is it please as I’m also in Northumberland
Sept 87. They're all that vintage or older and before the influx of cheap Chiwanese imports., obviously if you're interested you can try it out.
I've sent out many hundreds of pdf copies of the manual all around the world and I'm amazed at how many are still around tbh

Kity K5 (Mark 2), 5 function combination woodworking machine

200mm saw / 150mm surface planer / 150 x 100mm thickness planer / spindle moulder / slot morticer, 075kw (1hp) motor

Owned from new, clean and in very good condition, all works as it should. No issues though it had a minor repair some time ago to the spindle moulder cast mount for the rise and fall mechanism. It was cracked so a steel strengthening plate was fitted and it is stronger than original and works very well

There are a number of extras including Saw table extension and long fence, easily and quick to fit and remove if space is tight, box joint attachment, Spindle ring fence accessories and along with the standard tooling there are 2 extra pairs of planer knives, 15 french head cutters, 3 spindle slotting blades, extra sawblades, spare belt, original Kity hard backed books and of course instructions. Check the photos for details.

Machine is located in Northumberland (NE65 8) and I'm looking for £500.

I'm not desperate to sell just making an effort to please the missus by appearing to clear out little used equipment so if no interest here I'll advertise locally and see what happens. PM me if any interest.

I also have for sale separately a number of additional items including planer blades, spindle slitting sawblades, slot mortice bits, spare belt x1, cutter block with cutters and 30 – 20mm reducer in case, sanding drum kit. which I'll list for sale in due course.
Hi do you still have any acceries for sale pls

It's grandparent day today Graham so I'm a bit tied up, will drop you a pm when I get a chance, have a few bit which might /might not be of interest.
Hi I've got a K5 and am trying to source a complete sanding drum for it. Have you got one available?

Hi I've got a K5 and am trying to source a complete sanding drum for it. Have you got one available?
I think I have, don't think I included it with the machine but have just got home and won't have time to look tonight so will do some time tomorrow and pm you.

Hi Gav
Just had a quick look as I remembered where I'd put it. I have the kit in original cardboard pack with instructions 2 new sleeves and one lightly used, I have an alternative machine so never needed it. Note the sleeve adapter is to fit a 20mm spindle so if you have the first generation K5 yours will be a 15mm shaft and you'd need a separate top hat.
I'll take a photo tomorrow night and pm you if you're interested

Hi Gav
Just had a quick look as I remembered where I'd put it. I have the kit in original cardboard pack with instructions 2 new sleeves and one lightly used, I have an alternative machine so never needed it. Note the sleeve adapter is to fit a 20mm spindle so if you have the first generation K5 yours will be a 15mm shaft and you'd need a separate top hat.
I'll take a photo tomorrow night and pm you if you're interested
Yeah mine has a 15mm spindle

Yeah mine has a 15mm spindle
You would need a 15mm top hat washer for the bottom or a suitable 15mm ID / 20mm OD short spacer tube which could be glued in. The top of the drum is ok as it's held by the stud in the top of your spindle.
Possibly not worth the effort though Gav.

GRAHAM
I never got the chance yesterday but will definitely sort out those other things today as I'll have some time this afternoon

Attachments

• IMG_1634.JPG
    IMG_1634.JPG
    320.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1636.JPG
    IMG_1636.JPG
    300.6 KB · Views: 0
Hi Graham

This is all the bits I have left plus of course the sanding attachment shown in my previous post, the intention was to list them on facebook or ebay as a job lot as I can't really be bothered to deal with odd items. I was waiting though as the local guy who bought and paid for the machine 4 months ago still hasn't collected it ( he's moving house and I offered to store it ) and it's quite possible he would buy them off me if I offer.

So:
* a selection of saw blades, 2 unused some decent, a couple of cheapos and the original Kity
* Spindle slitting and grooving blades including a split blade with shims - Note all are for 20mm spindle shaft
* 3 L/H slot mortice bits
* Half a dozen HSS / TCT planer blade sets, most new, all sharp
* Spare drive belt
* Tube of Kity speed table lubricant
* 1 pair of top hat washers 30mm - 20mm

* Sanding drum kit.

Mods please note this is not a sales listing, I've only responded to queries and therefore nothing is priced, if you feel this contravenes the rules and you need to remove these then please do so.

Attachments

• IMG_1637.JPG
    IMG_1637.JPG
    222.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1640.JPG
    IMG_1640.JPG
    211.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hi Graham

This is all the bits I have left plus of course the sanding attachment shown in my previous post, the intention was to list them on facebook or ebay as a job lot as I can't really be bothered to deal with odd items. I was waiting though as the local guy who bought and paid for the machine 4 months ago still hasn't collected it ( he's moving house and I offered to store it ) and it's quite possible he would buy them off me if I offer.

So:
* a selection of saw blades, 2 unused some decent, a couple of cheapos and the original Kity
* Spindle slitting and grooving blades including a split blade with shims - Note all are for 20mm spindle shaft
* 3 L/H slot mortice bits
* Half a dozen HSS / TCT planer blade sets, most new, all sharp
* Spare drive belt
* Tube of Kity speed table lubricant
* 1 pair of top hat washers 30mm - 20mm

* Sanding drum kit.

Mods please note this is not a sales listing, I've only responded to queries and therefore nothing is priced, if you feel this contravenes the rules and you need to remove these then please do so.
Hi do you still have these bits for the Kity K5 please? I've bought one which I'm picking up this weekend - I don't think it has much tooling with it or a belt so would be interested. Thanks Mike

Hi do you still have these bits for the Kity K5 please? I've bought one which I'm picking up this weekend - I don't think it has much tooling with it or a belt so would be interested. Thanks Mike
Sorry Mike I sold it all as a job lot locally.
The belts are easy enough to get, especially if you already have one, just take it to a local bearing and belt supplier. Plane blades I've seen on ebay and you can find l/h cutters, I think Chronos used to sell them, saw blades no problem.

I still have the pdf manual and some old price list/specifications for the MK2 plus a leaflet for the earlier Mk1 (splayed legs), pm me with your email address if you find they'll be of use.
Bob

PS
The main drive belt for the Mk1 are listed at 710 x 15mm (normal speed) and 750 x 15 (fast speed), I can't remember how the belts work on that.
Mk2 and Bestcombi are 810 x 15

Hi Bob that's very kind - I'll PM you. Apparently the motor is burnt out, hopefully not and is something fixable. Otherwise there's a motor rewinder local to me, or I wonder if my site saw motor might fit (Elektra Beckum) which is good quality, might just struggle if spindles not the same size as existing.

Back