Vice Lining

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
" times change and the old ways of life aren't always the best."
Quite right Tasky. Quite right. Wasn't advocating the downfall of society and a return to a national interest in rickets, the steaming vapours and insanely high infant mortality rates as much as saying you don't always know how little you know till you learn a little bit about summat and the blinkers fall off hence the plant analogy. It was just a Damascus moment in my life that struck home. Bit like the woodwork really, more I learn, more I realise I know nothing and I'm just messing. Still, I know several numbers of percent more than I did when I started. I'd hazard a guess at three probably. Three percent more sounds plausible.
Having said all that ... if the wheels do fall off society at some point I'm coming round to your gaff with some canned goods, a generator and some diesel. You sound like a handy fella to know in a crisis. :shock:
Apologies to the OP for such blatant derailing, wasn't intentionally done.
Back on track. (hammer)

Glynne":3giezb8f said:
AndyT":3giezb8f said:
No direct experience but Matthew at Workshop Heaven sells suitable leather for the purpose.

https://www.workshopheaven.com/general- ... ather.html
I’ve used Matthew’s leather to line my vice jaws, it works really well. There is the chance that dust and small pieces can stick to it but a quick brush sorts that. When you think about it, you make sure you’re not putting a workpiece onto dust and debris on your bench so why wouldn’t you check your vice in the same way?

This is exactly what I have done and I also just give it a quick brush and have had no problems. Try to avoid getting wood glue on the leather though, it sticks very well and makes a hard shiny patch. That said, I used wood glue to attach the leather to the vice jaws and that worked great.

Bm101":1byotf8i said:
Having said all that ... if the wheels do fall off society at some point I'm coming round to your gaff with some canned goods, a generator and some diesel. You sound like a handy fella to know in a crisis. :shock:
Only because I've probably got an extra scrap of suede that I can stick inside yer vice!

If society falls, SatNav will stop working and then you'd never be able to find our house anyway!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back