Very sad news

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Err..he chose that life, and could've walked away if he didn't like it.

Same goes for all the other royals, even those born into it could've stayed out of he public eye and lived a private life if they wanted to.

Perhaps, just perhaps he stayed doing what he did because he loved the queen so much

Jacob I wonder if you have done anything good in your life. You sound like a loser who begrudges anyone who has achieved something any praise for it.
But that is only to be expected. One day in the future you will wake up and think what have I got for my life and realise that you spent that time criticising
everyone else you forgot do anything useful.

Jacob I wonder if you have done anything good in your life. You sound like a loser who begrudges anyone who has achieved something any praise for it.
But that is only to be expected. One day in the future you will wake up and think what have I got for my life and realise that you spent that time criticising
everyone else you forgot do anything useful.
why would you assume you know anything about what good Jacob's done in his life? bizarre.

Garno's post is an expression of sadness at a man's death, i share that.

I wouldn't want to live like that either, but the howls of derision from much of the British press when Harry and Meghan felt they couldn't stay in the royal bubble would indicate a little bit of double standards.
Harry and Meagain wanted out but still wanted the benefits of being in. Had they just walked away they wouldn't have attracted the opprobrium.

It may be sad for the royal family that an elder has died but many families in this country suffer the same lose and get on with it.
At the moment the royal family receive monies from the rest of us just short of £70,000,000 a year. Is this value for money considering they have other sources of wealth?

I do believe that our Jaikie Baby has a mighty shoulder chip to carry around and as has been said if nowt to say then say nowt might be a good idea?

I am a Royalist and I wish our Queen and family all the best in this sad time. It has to be an incredible shock to loose your love and friend after more than 70 years of marriage.

As is said often in one of those cremation adverts " No one lives for ever " Being given a title does not obscure you from the reaper, one day he will find you it is just something unavoidable.

If anyones husband, father, grandfather passed, would individuals be voicing opinions such? Whatever individual’s opinions are of the monarchy, they do not need airing now, when many will feel a real sense of loss.

Views on both sides ought to be respected, however, time and a place, now is neither.

Yes, I feel particularly sorry for the Queen.

Privileged living? - I wouldn't want to live like like he did, and I doubt few others would either. Even fewer would be able to, anything like as well as he did.
While the country goes down the pan? - The british people (and their elected politicians - spineless, dishonest puppets, the lot of them) are doing a nice job of pulling the chain without any help from royalty....
You won't get a chance to live like him, not unless you marry into the family

I do believe that our Jaikie Baby has a mighty shoulder chip to carry around and as has been said if nowt to say then say nowt might be a good idea?

I am a Royalist and I wish our Queen and family all the best in this sad time. It has to be an incredible shock to loose your love and friend after more than 70 years of marriage.
At 99 I wouldn't think it was a shock but I'm sure some of the family are sad at his going.

5. Mixture of clawhammer and finger styles. Keep meaning to do jazz chords and C tuning but haven't got around to it yet. Going off topic! :mad:
Not going off topic. Maybe if we play at the funeral with my ability it will be sad news - Keep at it!

Having been a newspaper reporter covering Aberdeenshire for local daily, covered royal events across area including Royal Deeside. The duke had great way of putting people at ease with a joke and actually interested in folk he spoke to.
Pretty informal for a royal, and could talk to anyone. Remember speaking to woman whose car had a flat tyre a few miles from Balmoral and was amazed when car stopped - out stepped the duke and helped his driver change her wheel.

Whether a Royalist or not, and I'm not, a person has died. OK the media are wailing like banshees and the reactions are OTT but if people feel it's fine to make jokes or criticise at this time then you have to feel sorry for them and believe that they must lead a pretty pathetic existence without an ounce of compassion.
Disrespectful IMO.

I thought Jacob's comment was uncalled for, but after listening to 2 hours or so of eulogy on R4 during shedtime this afternoon, I am inclined to believe it's the sort of quip the DOE would likely have made himself.

Did he not put the screws on the queen, to change the name house off Windsor to Mountbatten?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back