English Hardwoods

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shedman

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I’m sure that a number of you will have heard of English Hardwoods, a little woodyard based in Geddington, Northamptonshire. It was run by a real man of wood, Nigel Fleckney. I was after some rounds to turn some platters, and tried to ring Nigel. I was unable to get a reply, so I drove over to Geddington to catch up. It was with great sadness that I found the woodyard empty, all of the machinery gone, and felt that we had really lost something. It transpires that Nigel sadly passed away about two years ago, and he will be very sadly missed by the woodworking community of Northamptonshire in particular, and also across the UK. The quality of the timber he supplied, together with the provenance of the material was 2nd to none. May he rest in peace.

With kind regards, Kevin Willis

Ah gutted, I’ve spent the evening googling to remember the name of the place but it seems I am too late. That place was absolutely amazing and Nigel was a great guy so this is sad news indeed.

Back