Veritas® Stainless-Steel Edge Plane – Limited Edition

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob Lee":1s694glm said:
Actually, the LH model (in a run of 300) would cost at least $400, as we'd need need all new tooling and fixtures.... :shock:

Wouldn't new tooling kind of miss the point of using the molds for your first plane? And one of the early tools too; is it the first Veritas tool?)

It looked very lovely at the orgy and I am tempted to buy one just for keepsakes purposes, but I have a very lovely bronze Veritas original already :) which I should sell (I don't use it) but have admitted have a hard time letting it go.

Jake":zp0tcn2y said:
If you are pushing the ball of the plane with your left, and guiding the front with your right, you are going to have cross your right arm over in front of your left arm - is that what you mean?

Or do you mean you will run the other way up the board, and have the front guiding hand on the far side of the board?

Either way sounds wierd, but then I'm not left handed

Not at all, here is a pic of me holding an LN 98 which is a right handed, I know the blade is on the side for widening rebates but you will have to imagine the blade is on top :wink:
1359880905_b644163a81.jpg

Here I'm using a Stanley 79 which is more in keeping with the new Veritas in both pictures I'm pushing away from me, left to right exactly the same as I would use the new veritas.

1359882037_204d0be0d0.jpg

:lol:

05p0390s1.jpg

it still beats me how you going to do that with this except by crossing your hand over to the far side of the board to press it back against the wood - I obviously lack the resourcefulness of a lefty!

Ah !!!! now I see whats going on ](*,) The pic Pekka Huhta posted has been cleverly reversed just look at the writing on the blade

Pekka Huhta pic
4tapraq.jpg

The original pic
05p0390s1.jpg

:lol: Must be going senile :lol: 8-[

Ah, I see, someone missed Pehka's 'special special gloat' and cunning photoshopping...

Rob Lee":3ksvsnub said:
tnimble":3ksvsnub said:
(snip)

Based on making new tooling for a LH stainless steel version or based on replacing the tooling for the iron LH edge plane just before end of life and use them for a small batch of LH stainless steel planes?

Based on all new tooling.... the SS casting is done by a different plant than the ductile.... the LH iron tooling has only about.....oh....20 years of life left in it.... :lol:

Cheers -

Rob

Isn't that great! Just in time for the 50 years anniversary! :D

Congratulations LN!

Look on the bright side Neil, you'll only have to wait till the end of the month. The earlier to place the order the earlier you get one. I only have to wait a few days yet.

Newbie_Neil":2p361b2q said:
Hi LN

Congratulations. I tried to place an order yesterday, but they are out of stock until the 29th. :cry:

Cheers
Neil

Many thanks Neil. Rob Lee posted on the 10th on woodnet that 100 were still for sale, and in another post they are schedualed out at 50 a week.

I ordered mine on the 6th or 7th, an email said it would be ready for posting on the 9th when that first 50 were due. Today the 12th it arrived, so less than a week even though they were not in stock when ordered.

Full mark to Rob & Lee Valley, superb service. Superb plane. =D> =D> =D>

Hi LN

Thank you so much, I've now placed my order.

When I saw it was not available until the 29th, I had just marked it for ordering later. :roll:

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Neil

Hi all -

The dates on our system are the expected ship date IF you order immediately... the dates roll forward as we take more orders. The first 50 have already shipped, and there are another 80 or so being shipped in the next two days...

I know three went to the UK out of the first batch...

Cheers -

Rob

Rob Lee":1pdgbje5 said:
Hi all -

The first 50 have already shipped, and there are another 80 or so being shipped in the next two days...

Cheers -

Rob

:eek: Mine would probably by between #051 and #131 :D

tnimble":plzx4nic said:
Rob Lee":plzx4nic said:
Hi all -

The first 50 have already shipped, and there are another 80 or so being shipped in the next two days...

Cheers -

Rob

:eek: Mine would probably by between #051 and #131 :D

Yes - but the serial (unserial?) numbers are printed in a randomised sequence... so you could get #2, #300, or anything in between (A customer has already received #1) ....

Cheers -

Rob

Latest posts

Back