Veritas® Stainless-Steel Edge Plane – Limited Edition

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last time the driver from the post office did not notice the large red sticker on the box and just immediately handed the box to me ask asked for a signature without ever asking for the about a honderd quid
Interesting because Post office employees no longer take any payment for goods requiring tax and "hostage" charges, so he wouldn't have cared less about the sticker if the parcel was given to him he'd deliver, that's why you have to go to a sorting office and pay the £8 for them "not" delivering the parcel. Daylight robbery, at least UPS and the others deliver still don't take your money just invoice later.

Alan

Woody Alan":1yncpufg said:
Last time the driver from the post office did not notice the large red sticker on the box and just immediately handed the box to me ask asked for a signature without ever asking for the about a honderd quid
Interesting because Post office employees no longer take any payment for goods requiring tax and "hostage" charges, so he wouldn't have cared less about the sticker if the parcel was given to him he'd deliver, that's why you have to go to a sorting office and pay the £8 for them "not" delivering the parcel. Daylight robbery, at least UPS and the others deliver still don't take your money just invoice later.

Alan

Different country. Here they still do COD at your door step. And you do pay them not only to deliver it, but also pay them for accepting the tax money.

Here they still do COD at your door step. And you do pay them not only to deliver it, but also pay them for accepting the tax money.
My apologies, I don't always remember/look where people are located. PO same here, except as I say, they won't even deliver at all! before charging for tax and admin to release the captive parcel back into civilisation.

Alan

Lee Valley Web Site":1mevgfn9 said:
1 unit backordered., Expected to ship on 09/28/2007

<tap> <tap> Don't they know it's almost mid-day here? :lol:

Cheers,
Neil

Received an email yesterday to say that mine has shipped.

Sadly I opted for surface shipment to save cost ad hopefully avoid duty - so it could take from 10 days to 6 weeks to arrive - hope it's the 10 days not the 6 weeks!!!

I'll let you know what number I got when it arrives.

Gary

Hi Gary

Taffy Turner":2710ax4d said:
Sadly I opted for surface shipment to save cost ad hopefully avoid duty - so it could take from 10 days to 6 weeks to arrive - hope it's the 10 days not the 6 weeks!!!

I did the same (to save dosh) and despite the postal strikes, I still believe it'll take less than two weeks. :roll:

Cheers
Neil

Yippee !!!

I just got mine No. 163

Very nice, the only down side was paying DHL £11.00 to collect £20.82 duty.

Dick Turpin lives, I'm off to the workshop to play.

CNC Paul

Newbie_Neil":fqxnmkdp said:
Hi Gary

Taffy Turner":fqxnmkdp said:

I did the same (to save dosh) and despite the postal strikes, I still believe it'll take less than two weeks. :roll:

Cheers
Neil

It just shows what I know, doesn't it. Twenty one days and counting. :roll:

Cheers,
Neil

PS Paul, enjoy.

On the topic of the pay or not to pay import tax.

I did recieve a package with a plane (not this plane which I already used a couple of times) from the USA. The dutch customs have gone completely mad:

Contents: Stanley Planes
Category: Toys
Cost : 67,00 USD
Shipping: 35 USD
Total declarable: 103,00 USD / 92.87 Euro
Hanlding : 12,00 euro
Tax : 20.50 euro
Total : 32.50 euro

Since when does 67 + 35 equals 103? and since when did value of the dollar jump up again? in should be around 72 euro not 92 euro!

And since when are handtools (as per the shipping info on the package) toys? Oh ehm that is indeed debatable. :D

Back