Veritas® Stainless-Steel Edge Plane – Limited Edition

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lord Nibbo":2x8nb821 said:
dchenard":2x8nb821 said:
Received mine yesterday... No 053... \:D/

DC
Have you tried it out yet? I'm still looking at mine :lol: can't believe how good it is in SS. :lol:

Well... Here's the thing...

I already have the iron one, and both are RH... I wasn't really planning on using the SS one, and even though this is not my type to buy things just for looks, this one will sit on a shelf just to be admired...

DC

I got a very welcome surprise today. I expected the plane to arrive Wednesday but it was already today \:D/ I got 246-300.

But the most important thing:
no_95_1.jpg

Directly out of the box, I only set the blade to protrude a little. Well done Rob its a wonderful plane. Also many thankyou's for the excellent service and swift delivery. Here's to many many more years of Veritas / Lee Valley! :eek:ccasion5:

tnimble":1uzqhsjd said:
I got a very welcome surprise today. I expected the plane to arrive Wednesday but it was already today \:D/ I got 246-300.

Oh dear, you used it. It's now only worth half as much cos it's used. :lol: Have you noticed how photogenic these little planes are? I don't think I've seen a bad pic yet :lol:

Lord Nibbo":rikyod9l said:
tnimble":rikyod9l said:

Oh dear, you used it. It's now only worth half as much cos it's used. :lol:

Oh well, I'll just sign and keep the shavings with the plane along with an certificate to compensate it's value. :p :lol:

Have you noticed how photogenic these little planes are? I don't think I've seen a bad pic yet :lol:
I swear the plane moved on the bench and stroke a pose when I came in with the camera :lol:

ah so now all you galootaholics are telling us it is the plane's fault.

look i want to be photographed :roll:

let's be honest you just want to boast :twisted: :twisted:

and why not.

i shall stick with my original bronze one and be happy :^o

well i am really honest :lol:

well done rob, great marketing ploy

paul :wink:

Oh dear. I did hope that at least you lot wouldn't get caught up in the numbered thing. Oh deary me... :roll:

Not angry, merely grieved, Alf :lol:

Hello all

I have a couple of quick questions if you will

All you UK bods who have ordered/received one, did you order through the Lee Valley site direct? And have you been stung for customs charges yet (if yes, how much)?

Cheers

Mark

TrimTheKing":3fmxu3gb said:
Hello all

I have a couple of quick questions if you will

All you UK bods who have ordered/received one, did you order through the Lee Valley site direct? And have you been stung for customs charges yet (if yes, how much)?

Cheers

Mark

Yes I ordered from Lee Valley, I paid no tax, and no vat. \:D/

Nice :D

I have just ordered one but was a bit surprised that they were showing out of stock, new stock expected 10-05-2007 :shock:

At first I thought I had travelled back in time by 4 months, then I realised that it meant 5th October rather than 10th of May :oops:

Cheers

Mark

Trim,

They are a bit backward the other side of the pond :lol:

Be aware its a gamble regarding tax etc.
Do a forum search where this has been debated at length.

Hi all

I always find it better to have things sent surface mail as this, to date, has avoided the dreaded taxes.

They quote five to six weeks but, in practice, it only takes about 8-10 days.

Cheers,
Neil

Carter":3dgi6g7c said:
I dunno if you're lucky or what, Neil, but my last order definitely took 5 to 6 weeks so you can't rely on that either.

Cheers, Alf

Hi Alf

I've just realised that this is from Canada and all of my orders were from the States.

Hopefully, it won't make much difference.

Cheers,
Neil

Carter":1k6m7vzc said:
Hi all

I always find it better to have things sent surface mail as this, to date, has avoided the dreaded taxes.

Cheers,
Neil

Mine was sent air mail $18 ish. From day of ordering to having it in my hands 6 days. :lol:

I had to pay tax this time. It was only around 30 £ and I did not only buy the plane. In a sense it makes up for some previous outside Europe orders.

Last time the driver from the post office did not notice the large red sticker on the box and just immediately handed the box to me ask asked for a signature without ever asking for the about a honderd quid. :D I also did n't notice untill after opening the box. They put the sticker on the side.

But this time there was a large COD sticker on top and our UPS driver is much smarter (and nicer) than those gusy from the po.

tnimble":1dkio0cq said:
But this time there was a large COD sticker on top and our UPS driver is much smarter (and nicer) than those gusy from the po.

Much the same in Canada. Here, if you get it via UPS, you are 100% guaranteed to get hit with the taxes. The PO is hit and miss.

Paul Kierstead":hw1dvpi1 said:
tnimble":hw1dvpi1 said:

Much the same in Canada. Here, if you get it via UPS, you are 100% guaranteed to get hit with the taxes. The PO is hit and miss.

Indeed. But I rather pay the little extra (was around 3 pounds more) and the taxes to have it guaranteed within only a few days then gamble on the to be taxed or not to be taxed and risk the wonderful delivery I had the last couple of packages.

One Packet (the one the driver forgot to ask the payment for) took many phone call and letters to have them to find the box which has been sitting only a few K away from me for almost half a year. For another smaller packet (domestic shipment) they gave up after a few months saying it was lost. Very disapointing.

Latest posts

Back