Using 3 phase machinery on single phase

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just put in a rotary phase converter from transwave which is brilliant.
Depends how many machines you want to run and what size and obviously your budget.
A bit more info will probably get a better reply.

Nathan

Hi Nathan

It will be for one machine which is 2 HP and would like to keep the price under £300 if possible.

Cheers

Ian

My whole workshop is running from my RPC. with large extractor spindle moulder p/t etc, they are all large hp machines. I had to get the RPC to be running multiple large machines. I don't totally understand how it works as electrical stuff is witchcraft as far as I am concerned.

I believe (but others will know better) that for a single machine you can use an inverter rather than converter. 9 fingers on the a different place is the font of motor knowledge, Wallace et al on here should be along in a bit to help you out.

Nathan

Have you thought of changing the motor instead? They tend to be fairly standard sizes, shouldn't be difficult to find a suitable one.

If you change the motor you will also need to change the relay and thermal overload that will be located behind the on off switch. This will cost circa £90 for a decent set in addition to the cost of the motor.

I would probably change the motor unless the motor that comes with states its a star delta or 220 /440 volts, in which case I would use an electronic inverter. This includes thermal overload as well as soft start and you can also arrange for it to break the motor if you need col regs compliance

Latest posts

Back