single phase to 3 phase for CNC solution

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

therealstudiosjj

Reaction score
Hi,
I've had to move into smaller premises and due to several reason the unit is not going to have 3 phase supplied. I have a Spartan 2030 (2016 model) with a 7.5kw spindle with 4 1.1kw vaccum pumps (which are single phase but powered via the CNC). As anyone who has researched single to 3 phase conversion for a CNC the advice is quite varied. Has anyone had and solved this situation, if so which way did you go? I'm currently looking at a digital converter with a sinewave filter?

I'm currently looking at a digital converter with a sinewave filter?
That is the best option because you will not have to modify the machine in anyway but remember the convertor is producing three phases from one and you will need that single phase supply to be capable of delivering the required current especially the inrush or startup current.

Maybe something like this, but note it requires a 63 amp supply

https://www.jfkelectricalni.com/product/digital-phase-converter-15kw-20hp-240v-in-400v-out/

Thanks Roy much appreciated. I've actually spoken to Jason at JFK, he pointed me to a digital converter rather than going the route of a rotary. Just wondered if anyone had, had first hand experience on running a CNC via a digital and if they'd had any issues before I buy.

Back