Updated Workshop Tour-Big Pictures

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syntec4

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all,
I've had the workshop for about 12 months now. Thought it was time to add some updated pictures to the story.

I started in December 05 with this

No%20walls%20Yet.JPG

And the same view now looks like this. The pile of wood on the Bench is the Oak from Half of a Pew that I bought for £40 to see if it cleans up OK.

West%20wall%20Bench.JPG

There have been a few changes along the way, adding more machines and just trying to find the way that I like to work.

This picture was taken in Feb 06 I think.

Both%20Benches%20Installed%20now.JPG

The space in the middle is now occupied by the out feed/assembly/ timber store.

We are now giving some serious thought to building the same size again next door. We can then have a finishing room and a sheet storage rack.

The new 'Extension will go where the Bulldozer parts are on the right of this picture. I suppose we could just keep going :D The workshop would then be 150ft x 30ft. Do you think that would be big enough?

:D

paving%20stones%20outside%20waiting%20for%20installation.JPG

There are a few more pictures on my website if you are not asleep already. Thanks for looking.

Lee.

Hi Lee

I love looking at other peoples workshops. It's quite inspiring and yours is really coming on. Wish I had as much scope for expansion :(

Looks like it could be a problem to heat though with a flagstone floor and all. Have you insulated where possible ?

Jeff

Lee

Looks very good and business like. Jeff has concerns about the cold striking up from the flagstone floor and I'd add a caution about the grief that can be caused by dropping a favourite tool on to that surface. I've done it a few times on the concrete floor of my little garage/workshop and it makes you weep! Going to treat myself to some of that anti-fatigue matting when I get a workshop that I don't have to share with a car.

Keep it coming! Regards.

Lynx- The bandsaw is a Record BS300. Quite pleased with it, had a few issues to start with but everyone does with record stuff I've since discovered.

Jeff- All the walls and roof void are filled with Polystyrene Blocks. It takes about 10 minutes to get warmed up from Freezing in winter once the Hotspot is burning. I dont notice the floor feeling cold but then I always wear fur lined safety boots in winter and safety trainers in the summer. I guess they keep me insulated from the floor.

Evergreen- I am worried about dropping things on the floor. I was thinking maybe in the summer when we have a big clear-up, we could move everything out and cover the floor with OSB or something. Or maybe if we build the extension we could move stuff about and do it then. Food for thought anyway.

Thanks for the comments.
Lee.

Lee, did the wheel kit come with the saw and if so can you buy it as an accessory?

By the way how long have you had it because the colour is all wrong. I have only seen them in either dark blue and dark green?

Cheers

Mike

I thought the colour was wrong too at first, untill I realised the door is green (you can just see the edge of it), and the rest (which no-one ever shows in the catalogues) is white.

Cheers, Alf

:D

Its is a green one

West%20wall.jpg

Mike- I've had it around 9 months or so. I did get the wheel kit with it, but it was part of a deal at the time. I think you can get them for £30.00 directly from record Power. I actually don't like the wheel kit much, the wheel are very small diameter and it makes the saw feel a little unstable when moving it around. If you have a perfect floor, this might not be a problem. Had I known I would have made up a table with some bigger locking castors.

Lee.

Latest posts

Back