Union Jubilee 440 v Motor Lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's if you have markings on them, (if you're referring to the press on plastic like on Fender or whoever else)
I wouldn't have a clue if the actual pot is suitable, and just buy one along with the rest of the buttons.

Are you saying the actual pots are unsuitable?
Thanks
Tom

3 phase fractional hp motors can be run directly from 240v single phase with the aid of a suitably sized capacitor, although there will no doubt be a reduction in power.

Just a quick update managed to get the motor working with cheap invertek E2 inverter off ebay, very pleased to be honest, just mocked it up at present with some fine tuning to do

Whilst writing I found the following information all on here and thought I might list it all in one place

Bearings sizes and types
Head stock end LJ.1-1/8.2RS.EU the cover will need to be removed on oiling side
Tail stock end NLJ1.1-1/8
I've yet to fit these, I brought them cheaply on ebay

Drive belt
A66 so 1676mm internal
I'm awaiting delivery of one from this company A66 (13x1676 Li) V Belt - V Belts - Bearing Shop UK

Hope this is of help, shall post some pictures when complete

+1 for the invertek optidrive system. I used this for my lathe with a 1.5hp motor and it's spot on!

Just a little update had to buy a new motor as existing would not work that well, I went with a dual voltage 3 phase 1 hp as I had a inverter for the same works well

I gave it a quick rub down and sprayed it with a coat of clear lacquer

Next thing to to put it on some casters to enable movement and also raise it as a little low for me + a set of crown centres
IMG_6520.JPGIMG_6523.JPG

Latest posts

Back