UJK Router Lift

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, it really isnt. i may get around to timing or even videoing a bit change, just to prove it to myself.
My concern with the muscle chuck is the extra height. My set up works extremely well as far as i can lower the router so that the entire bit is below the surface. then I can raise it slowly and cut whatever i want. i think the extra height might stop me doing that.
what do you think?

The extra height is far less than any other check extender, with my Hitachi in the UJK lift I can lower the bit below the table as I do often to use the table for other things knowing I am going to use the table again shortly.

Mike

OK, just because I can.... :D :D :D

time to change a 1/2" bit for another 1/2" bit.

with the bit and the tools laid on the table top, router fully raised and the kreg ring removed, so all we're timing is the bit change itself;

Both hands on the table, ready, steady, GO.
20 seconds.

Not blisteringly fast. but not bad considering I'm old and I didnt rush, AND I had to start and stop the timer myself, so thats really 18 seconds i think. #-o =D> =D>

Bob we are about the same age, 1940's babies, but I will take your 20 seconds and take 10 off it for the MuscleChuck using the same criteria, just academic, but interesting to someone. :lol:

oh no! Thats settled it then. If I save that much time a day my mrs will just find something else for me to do that does not involve my hobbies! #-o #-o :roll:

Yes I looked into this a bit more. From what I understand the guy did the first version, The Eliminator took a patent out on it. Then came up with a much improved design, The Muscle Chuck and took a patent on that too. Mine came today, 75 quid mind, then again, avoids the hassle of using two spanners everytime to change over a router bit.
One can shop around best price for various tools..... but at the end of the day, it costs what it costs, what it costs.

pollys13":3sul2gab said:
Yes I looked into this a bit more. From what I understand the guy did the first version, The Eliminator took a patent out on it. Then came up with a much improved design, The Muscle Chuck and took a patent on that too. Mine came today, 75 quid mind, then again, avoids the hassle of using two spanners everytime to change over a router bit.
One can shop around best price for various tools..... but at the end of the day, it costs what it costs, what it costs.

Muscle Chuck is the best we have used, just make sure you follow the fitting instructions as shown in this video. You can fit and test by sound if you don't have any engineering equipment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... HZqZtExnHU

Cheers Peter

Latest posts

Back