U channel

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveF

Established Member
Reaction score
anyone know where you can buy rubber u channel off the shelf
I would rather drive 20 miles than wait for delivery

I looked at halfords but they only seem to have hard chrome stuff
I thought about ripping some power cable but dont think I will get a straight cut
only need about 12"

Steve

What size channel Steve? I assume you mean similar to motorcycle screen edge trim in size?

Try looking at an electrical wholesaler for grommet strip.

MMUK":a9rdwd1u said:
What size channel Steve? I assume you mean similar to motorcycle screen edge trim in size?

yep that is the stuff
just for a cut out in oil drum lid

Steve

SteveF":mk4277ds said:
MMUK":mk4277ds said:

yep that is the stuff
just for a cut out in oil drum lid

Steve
Is this for your cyclone?

If it is and it is to seal between the cyclone base and the collection bin. Would some silicone applied before screwing / bolting the 2 together work? ;)

it is not to seal

i was going to use a bit of dpm or something ...whatever laying around

i can just see me sticking hand up into cyclone if i need to clear it and blood coming down ruining the sawdust :D

Steve

Ahhh good call. I assume the hole is slightly larger than the outlet hole on the cyclone? If not with the rubber on there it might help cause a blockage/ interrupt the flow of sawdust. ;)

See if any motor factors or body shops near you have any door seals. Should do the job.

Try a scrap yard too

i have been let down with my dust can

can anyone recommend a container for my cyclone?

Steve

Don't large bandsaw blades come with the teeth protected by a plastic U strip anymore, did in my day.

my new bandsaw blades....just arrived from tuffsaws never came with any protection
but i am so looking forward to "mounting" one =P~

Steve

SteveF":39ntpsxf said:

Steve
How about those blue food containers, they are often used. You just need to find a seller near you.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-15kgs-Dog ... 4d09918a4a

Other sizes are available. I just searched for plastic drum, food drum, plastic barrel.

SteveF":ges22pel said:
my new bandsaw blades....just arrived from tuffsaws never came with any protection
but i am so looking forward to "mounting" one =P~

Steve

Nice. :)

SteveF":es7fpfna said:

Steve

Empty 205 litre oil drum? You could probably pick one up for free at a garage or bus depot :)

Back