Two more box's

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyturner

Established Member
Reaction score
Two more boxes one 6" box made from Masure birch the other is made from Spalted Sycamore 8" I hope you enjoy them

Attachments

• 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 830
  • 20.JPG
    20.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 830
Very nice Woody, the spalted Sycamore is particularly nice. I like the crescent finial, it goes well with the design.

woodyturner":2ayf0vbp said:
Two more boxes one 6" box made from Masure birch the other is made from Spalted Sycamore 8" I hope you enjoy them

Where do you get your Masure Birch from Woody?

Nice boxes by the way.

Andy

woodyturner":sqgme1hl said:
andersonec":sqgme1hl said:
woodyturner":sqgme1hl said:

Where do you get your Masure Birch from Woody?

Nice boxes by the way.

Andy
Believe it or not I won both bits for £9 on ebay about 6 months ago but Turners retreat have some logs http://www.turners-retreat.co.uk/exquis ... -x-12-long

I like the wood but not that much :shock: what do you make with a 7 dia x 12 inch log for £100 :?:

Andy

andersonec":270sbh7g said:
I like the wood but not that much :shock: what do you make with a 7 dia x 12 inch log for £100 :?:

Andy

A very expensive bowl or hollow form or anything that will sell in an expensive type gallery

[/quote]
Believe it or not I won both bits for £9 on ebay about 6 months ago but Turners retreat have some logs http://www.turners-retreat.co.uk/exquis ... -x-12-long[/quote]

Andy[/quote]

I have made very expensive bowls and vases with some of these logs and believe it or not they don't sit around very long before they sell from logs it looks like flames leaping up the sides of whatever you make from them my box is made from a normal bowl blank

Back