TV cookery....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recently went to a local public house for a meal and had to compliment the parents of three children on how well behaved they where, unlike the adults at the far table who shouted throughout the whole meal, on the phone and playing tunes, absolutely no regard for the other dinners.

Recently went to a local public house for a meal and had to compliment the parents of three children on how well behaved they where, unlike the adults at the far table who shouted throughout the whole meal, on the phone and playing tunes, absolutely no regard for the other dinners.
I’m finding the current batch of teenager/twenty somethings very loud. I was in a cafe yesterday and I now know everything about the, very mundane, lives of a group who were sat at a table on the opposite side of the cafe.

I avoid most social situations nowadays because of the proliferation of obnoxious and inconsiderate people. The last time I went to the cinema the film was constantly interrupted by illuminating and beeping phones, talking, and the rustling if food wrappers. I think the big asteroid reset is about due.

Back to TV cookery and Masterchef in particular. What is the point of random shots of random chefs cooking random meals telling us that it’s their dream and they’ll fight as if their life depended on it and will be totally gutted if they don’t go through and then present a very nice looking meal (most of the time) with no real clues given as to how they actually made it?

Back