Tv and VCR problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wardroom

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there give me a clue why this is happening.

Want to record a programme but cannot do it unless you have the tv on the programme itself, I tried to record whilst the tv was off on standby but it never recorded.

The VCR does not have a hdmi slot it only has scart

Thanks

Does the antenna cable go to the VCR first then to the TV? and is the VCR tuned in to all the channels?

Andy

It almost sounds like you are recording directly from the TV rather than through the VCRs inbuilt tuner.

Is the VCR new enough to receive Digital signals? Or only analogue ones?

I wasn't aware of any VCRs that can recieve digital channels, so something wiered here. Can you still recieve analogue channels where you live?

regards

Brian

a vcr can record either a) whats coming down the aerial via its own tuner or b) a signal from a scart lead.
if the vcr has only an analogue tuner and they have turned off the analogue signal where you are, then option a) will no longer work.
it will still be able to record via the scart (av2?) if your tv is digital and on and has a scart output you can record it, but it will only record what is on the screen (it sends whatever it is sending to the screen to the scart output)
if you wish to record on your vcr while the tv is off you will need to get a digibox with a scart (quite rare now) and use that as the vcr tuner.
Time to go digital i'm afraid. buy a digibox with a built in hdd https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=freev ... 80&bih=598
I'd heartily recommend a Humax. either freeview (aerial) or freesat (existing sky dish)

nev":1o599c8g said:
I'd heartily recommend a Humax. either freeview (aerial) or freesat (existing sky dish)

+1

We have 2 Humax 9300 both of which are excellent. We had a Topfield a few years ago which also was extremely good.

Bob

Basically, IF you are recording via the TVs tuner, it has to be on.

As others have said it's probably time for an upgrade, one way or another.

Time to hit the January sales?

brianhabby":1z62r3le said:
I wasn't aware of any VCRs that can recieve digital channels..
I took steps to upgrade my VCR (Panasonic VCR + DVD) several years ago to a digital capable one since I knew it wouldn't work by itself after the switch off .

Latest posts

Back