Tutorial on making stormproof windows

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbob01

Established Member
Reaction score
is there any you tube links specifically on stormproof windows anyone can point me to I can’t seem to find any … am particularly interested on the cill angles etc .. thanks

Places like the Whitehill website can be a good source of drawings and timber sections etc

https://www.whitehill-tools.com/window-tooling/
Bradshaw Joinery did a good build series on a casement window, I know it's not storm proof but worth a watch if you have the time.

The standard angle for everything windows used to be 9 degrees but things are a bit more complicated these days!

thanks Doug.... ive seen quite a few on casement just can't seem to find anything on stormproof.... im not really even sure what the difference is to be honest .....

thanks for the link to Whitehill it shows a fair bit of their design!

thanks Doug.... ive seen quite a few on casement just can't seem to find anything on stormproof.... im not really even sure what the difference is to be honest .....

Basically the sashes on stormproof have an extra little lip rebated over the front of the frame to keep the weather out hence the name.

I feel these days stormproof are a bit old fashioned as casement style generally looks better, you can put an extra bit on the outside frame of a stormproof to make them look like a casement which gives the best of both worlds. Only problem can be if they are replacements as stormproof frames were normally about 70mm deep but casements were about 95mm although you do get variations of this.

Latest posts

Back