Stormproof hinge replacements forMagnet Joinery windows

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valeboy

Reaction score
I have eleven year old Magnet stormproof wooden windows, a great product but the plated hinges have corroded badly and need replacing. I can't find anthing online so thought to ask the collective brain for help...
The hinges are standard 63 high, with unequal leafs 40 and 30. Also has a 8 gap for seal strip etc.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_2010.jpeg
    IMG_2010.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2011.jpeg
    IMG_2011.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Evaporust, clear coat, refit. Nickel or zinc plate if really keen.

They look ok imo apart from surface rust , clean up the rust and soak in penetrating oil , clean up and apply a coat of primer / top coat to protect , oil every few months and you should be back in buisiness ..

Have the same type of "Magnet" windows to refurb/repair, closest hinges I have found online are the ones as @scholar linked to.

stormproof hingejpg.jpg

Old and new (the newish one in the picture, that does fit, I'm sure is the same as the ones from ID but they are a few years old and I cant remember where i got them).
I have to order some more, so if you wait a week or so I will be able to confirm they are the same and fit. Marches ironmongery also sell them.

Have the same type of "Magnet" windows to refurb/repair, closest hinges I have found online are the ones as @scholar linked to.

View attachment 168266

Old and new (the newish one in the picture, that does fit, I'm sure is the same as the ones from ID but they are a few years old and I cant remember where i got them).
I have to order some more, so if you wait a week or so I will be able to confirm they are the same and fit. Marches ironmongery also sell them.
Great, these are close but have equal leaf widths, will still probably work, it'll be intersting to see. These look good,should be for the price, stainless steel! Premium Stormproof Hinges

@Valeboy Update, I fitted 10 pairs of the ID ones, all fitted OK, the screws that come with them are cheese though, I rang a couple out, and I needed to realign the holes on the jambs slightly, worth getting a hinge center drill bit for that.

@Valeboy Update, I fitted 10 pairs of the ID ones, all fitted OK, the screws that come with them are cheese though, I rang a couple out, and I needed to realign the holes on the jambs slightly, worth getting a hinge center drill bit for that.
Excellent, thanks for the update, much appreciated.

There's no end of suppliers listing these online but the reality is no one has them anymore as the manufacturer's tooling expired and they deemed it uneconomical to replace as the sales were too low. I've bought about 300 pairs off ebay NOS as these are what our tooling requires for our stormproof casements. There is a company in Walsall called Cooke Brothers and their brand is Pheonix. They produce their version but only in 316 SS. They are a bit pricey but not as dear as those shown above by the OP.
https://www.cookebrothers.co.uk/hinges/architectural-hinges/special-options/storm-proof-hinges.html

Back