Sayerlack for door and frame ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ollie78

Established Member
Reaction score
I have to build a large panelled front door with 2 wide side windows and frame soon. Probably be using Utile or maybe Abodo though a little concerned it might be too soft for the frame/cill. Maybe a combination.
Regardless it needs finishing in a solid colour. I have used Morells omnia before and it was ok but not great, similarly the Teknos I used on some windows I made last year was not really amazing either.
I have heard the Sayerlack (sherwin williams) is good stuff but wondering if anyone uses it and has any advice.
Solvent based stuff would likely be the best but I am trying to stay waterbased if I can.

Open to other paint suggestions will be spraying with air assisted airless.

Cheers

Ollie

I wouldn't hesitate to recomend ankerstuy. It's water based comprising a filler primer(add stain block for tannin bleed) and a colour mixed topcoat. I spray using aaa and its always been great. I've seen teknos sprayed work and it's really orange peeled. Maybe operator maybe paint. Decent company to deal with just start an account.

Attachments

• 17113636278031509037738343630085.jpg
    17113636278031509037738343630085.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
I wouldn't hesitate to recomend ankerstuy. It's water based comprising a filler primer(add stain block for tannin bleed) and a colour mixed topcoat. I spray using aaa and its always been great. I've seen teknos sprayed work and it's really orange peeled. Maybe operator maybe paint. Decent company to deal with just start an account.
Thanks Johnny I will look into it.
I could not get a good finish ( or what I would call good ) with the Teknos the client supplied.
It was impossible to stop the orange peel effect no matter what I did, I even bought a different nozzle for the Kremlin which helped a bit but still rubbish.
I thought it was just me and was a bit worried until I saw all the other stuff sprayed with it when I went to install the window. It was all like it!! I felt a bit better after that.

Cheers

Ollie

They also do a great interior paint that pu water based. Can also be used over the filler primer with little loss of surface hardness(they do make a specific primer as well.) This is thin and can be hvlp or add a bit of thickener for aaa(otherwise it can bubble)

I can't speak about other brands as Sayerlack was the first industrial paint i started to use for spraying, AA and HVLP , and I've never had the need to look elsewhere.

I use WB mainly on interior mdf for wardrobes etc and its a 2 primer/build and 1 topcoat system.

I have used their WB exterior joinery paint a couple of times but my experience was only with a white finish and it did what it was supposed to do.

The range Sayerlack have is massive and you can find some very specific paints for your needs. If you need a supplier let me know.

Back