Turning Time in 2009

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very clever Chas, how did you do the teaspoon? Be interesting to turn some like the ones we got from out chickens today. Sort of elongated. Not at all egg shaped

Is the brown part of the cup glued into the base or just slotted?

pete

Bodrighy":2v8p7bzt said:
...Is the brown part of the cup glued into the base or just slotted?
pete
Separate pieces Pete, egg cup is sat in a 35mm X 4mm recess.

johnny.t.":18erlhhf said:
That eggs impressive Chas :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's what comes from leading a Shell-tered life :lol: .

johnny.t.":18erlhhf said:
Why the gap between cup and 'shell collection area' it'll get yokey y'know

Because my turning ain't accurate enough to do half a dozen at a time that would all be a mix and match push fit.

I'm afraid recipient will have to give them a wipe with a damp cloth after use, remit is for them to be semi-stackable as separates to save storage space.

Bodrighy":18erlhhf said:
Very clever Chas, how did you do the teaspoon?

Used my Uri Geller Gouge. :roll:

______
________The Collection is growing.____Click on images for larger view.
________
________There are however local differences in preference for colour of wood
________or more correctly combination or otherwise of woods.
________I would be interested if there is an overriding forum member preference .
______
________
________
________Comments on members preferences would be appreciated.
_____A_ _____B_
_____C_ _____D_

_______As a matter of interest all the dark wood is the same colour, just my photography that is off.

Lightweeder":2ky7bylo said:
I like 'D'. For me, cup and saucer would have to match, and breakfast is a light, cheery time - that's just my view, of course :?

Me too. :wink:

Well Chas we have all had a look at them here and we prefer the matching woods better,with the plainer D (Beech is it :?: ) one getting the vote.
I think that the contrasting woods are too much of a contrast.Might be better with perhaps just the rims of the cup and plate having a darker/lighter wood to give the contrast.
All very nice though :D

Paul.J":3l2oogxv said:
...Might be better with perhaps just the rims of the cup and plate having a darker/lighter wood to give the contrast.

Oyii!! if you don't mind, making a couple of dozen to the same size is bad enough without adding trimmings.

Must admit though that there are a couple of glued up blanks along those lines lying around somewhere. :lol:

I prefer D and then maybe A. To my eye the contrast in the others is too stark when the surface areas of the 2 respective components are so similar. Just my taste of course, there's nothing wrong with any of them; nice work.
Cheers John

Toss up between B & A for me. D is really nice but somehow doesn't have the same appeal.
My hats off to you in the copying.
Pete

Back