Turning Time in 2009

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
______
________Keeping Time to a minimum_______________Click on images for larger view.

________ ___ ___
_________________Cherry_______________________105mm

Very nice clock Chas.

One question how do you join the 2 pieces together?

I have tried dowel in the past but it has not stood up to handling very well.

john

Very 'delicate' looking piece.. I love it !
That housing looks like it may have been 'interesting' :wink: :lol: to get that thin !... its a very very nice clock Chas ... really like that !

I tend to be a lad that likes 'chunky / substantial' .. but in this case, I'm loving the delicate look of the thing ... its a cracker !

Lovely work ! ( as per the norm ! ) :lol: 8) 8) 8)

Not that thin Jenx, the insert body is only 80mm, so just the rim inset is a couple of mm.

jpt, Epoxy.

That is a really neat looking clock Chas :D
Love the Cherry.Lovely colouring.
Is the back an insert,seperate piece of Cherry,and have you hollowed the base :?: :?

Nice one Chas. :D

You have got to stop making things I am drawn towards trying, how am I ever going to get the shop sorted out. :roll: :wink:

Thats lovely Chas,

Not much more can i say, your finishes are something i aspire too !

LOz

Very nice,Chas,and lovely colouring :D

DaveL":1yh9e7ie said:
You have got to stop making things I am drawn towards trying, how am I ever going to get the shop sorted out. :roll: :wink:

You're well on the slope now,Dave - so,like the rest of us,just accept that it will never happen... :wink:

Andrew

loz":29ll06xj said:
your finishes are something i aspire too !
Not much down to me here Loz, this Cherry is very close grained and cuts like butter, finish is just Chestnuts Melamine wiped on with a cloth covered finger tip (stationary), rapid movement quick spread before it has time to build, followed by quick spin to burnish with cotton towel.

Chas, Thank you, Thank you Thank you. I was never in any doubt that you would produce" something special." Just how special I I did not envisage. It will be my alltime best woodturning piece, not just for its perfection but also for its perfect timeing.
When I saw itt this morning I almost threw my crutches away.Its the most wonderful fillip that I could have recieved. God Bless your Hands. I hope where ever you are on you Hols, the sun will shine for you and yours. God Bless REgards Eugene (Boysie)

Yet another stunner Chas

I'm not usually a fan of clocks, I find them too chunky but that is a beauty.

Regards,

Mike C

______
________Getting round to it again._______________Click on image for larger view.

________
______Ash, Purple Heart, Yew, Zebrano Mix

Very nice.
I'm not usually a fan of segmented work but I like these. Particularly the 3rd from left with the alternating colours. Is it yew?

Duncan

duncanh":30dmcmfn said:
I'm not usually a fan of segmented work
Not my favorite either, I appreciate the skill and work involved but prefer items where the wood speaks rather than the workmanship.
These are done on request, segmenting them actually does get over a problem of short grain that can be a strength problem in narrow rings.

duncanh":30dmcmfn said:
.... 3rd from left with the alternating colours. Is it yew?....
Yes Duncan it's Yew, the alternating is a natural function of turning the stock during cutting.

Those look very well made Chas :D . The two in the middle are really stunning(not that I'd wear one myself :lol: ).

Great work with a great looking finish as usual :D

JT

Hi Chas,
As ever consistently good work. As a request could you take some WIP shots if you make any more of those toothpick holders. You seem to have engineered a good design and I'm sure others would like to know a little more. I for one would certainly like to have a go, but so far haven't found any reference text. Only if you have time of course, Ta- John.

______
________All Bangled out, hopefully the last for a while._______________Click on image for larger view.

________
___Ash, Purple Heart, Yew, Zebrano, Padauk Mix

Back