Turning individual scanned pages into one document

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are two routes that you can go. If you have MS Office this has document scan in the office tools section. Main problem with this is the file type is TIFF. The plus is it will open the document in Word for editing etc. I use it ocassionally. The second one is a program called Scan to PDF (http://wwwscantopdf.co.uk). Costs about £25 for home use, not as extensive as Acrobat, but about 10% of cost. This will allow you to save as many documents in a batch as you like. You can add at a later date, and also scan from file if you want to pdf web pages, word docs etc. Its a good little program. Also you can download the program to try it out. Only difference between trial and licenced program is the watermarks on the prodtion.

Tony":s63pm1r2 said:
chiba":s63pm1r2 said:
Tony - select all the files in Explorer and then right click. You can merge all 12 files with one click in the context menu.

Chiba

Just tried this but have no merge option on the context menu. I am running XP Pro with Sp2

I would certainly like this facility. Any idea why it is not on my PC?

Hmm... not sure - that's what I get. It's slightly tiresome actually, because it makes the context menu open much slower than it did previously. According to Adobe's site, you can do this in Acrobat Standard and Professional versions, but not Elements. You using version 7?

Just found out that I can save as PDF on the mac no extra software required. Justifies the expense really :lol:

Andy

Back