Turned Sculpture

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexf

Established Member
Reaction score
I decided that I should really enter something in our local Art Exhibition. I picked up some driftwood and decided to make something depicting this wood.
Here is what I came up with. It is titled "Pearl of Wisdom"

I offset turned both parts of the shell so that they were deeper at the back than the front.

Novel and well executed alex, not so sure about the Red Pearl but I guess it's difficult to get a contrast of form with a lighter wood, although I have seen blue/black ones in farmed pearls.

Very neat and a clever idea. I agree about the red pearl though. Perhaps a black one? Let us know how it goes down. Should do well

pete

I was trying to get some contrast between the pearl and the spalted wood for the shell. I was going to make the pearl with any wood and ebonise it but thought I would prefer to create it from natural wood. That was a piece of pink ivory which I had and I had hoped it would have been a lighter pink more the colour of a cultured pearl. It is not as red as it appears in the photograph.

Back