Boxes for game pieces.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peri

Established Member
Reaction score
When I started working at my new place a few years ago I had access to a Prototrak cnc lathe and mill. No one else used them, so I got given the keys and told to help myself
:)

One of the things I decided to do as my learning project was a chess set. I actually made 2 - one for the display case at work and one for myself.

My set has sat in the garage since I brought it home, so I decided to give it to the son of one of my very good friends.

About 18 months ago I gave him a board and set of draughts (turned from steel and brass). Every few months my friend sends me a photo of his boy using it, generally titled something along the lines of 'Still being used'. (Very heart warming if I'm honest haha).

His son is now 11 or 12, so figured he might like to progress from draughts.

20230820_140407.jpg20230820_140428.jpg 20230820_140336.jpg

(The chess set is actually powder coated aluminium. I sent it away to be anodized, but the made such an awful job of it I took it to the local paint shop and asked them to cover it up).

And the draughts

20210205_084124.jpg20210205_084143.jpg

I am not a fan of many of the styles of modern chess pieces, (staunton all the way for me). Your pieces look fantastic

What an amazing set of gifts, beautifully made!

Every few months my friend sends me a photo of his boy using it, generally titled something along the lines of 'Still being used'. (Very heart warming if I'm honest haha).

I've a few items that I've made for other people, or given as gifts, and feedback of this nature makes me happier than anything else.

Fitz.

Latest posts

Back