• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Turbo Gold screws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the same selection a year or so ago. Yesterday, I used the last one in a particular size, so I checked the other boxes, and discovered that I was nearly out of another size. Ordered the two items at Screwfix, came to £13.xx, then saw this offer. So for £6 more I bought the whole selection again. I'll probably give some to my neighbour.

Theyre good screws. Not to be confused with toolstations "silver" whatever it is that are total junk (maybe ok for hand use, but sheer with an impact driver)

These £19.99 offers come around quite regularly at Screwfix, that's not say they are not a good deal, they are great quality screws. The cynical side of me thinks 'DFS' where the price is held artificially high for the legal amount of time before they can offer the sale price, but then my wife thinks I'm morphing into Victor Meldrew...

These £19.99 offers come around quite regularly at Screwfix, that's not say they are not a good deal, they are great quality screws. The cynical side of me thinks 'DFS' where the price is held artificially high for the legal amount of time before they can offer the sale price, but then my wife thinks I'm morphing into Victor Meldrew...
I'm sure there's an element of that(artificially high "standard" price), but it's still a good deal, IMO.

Thanks for the tip off. I've just been tempted into taking advantage of this good offer. (Hope I've not been taken advantage of!🤔)

I normally avoid these lydl/Aldi type multi-pack deals as you normally end up with too many fixings/tools/items that you never actually use. Couldn't resist this one though as they're very good screws.

I've been buying Reisser screws the last couple of years. They're excellent, the Rolls Royce of screws imo, but too damn expensive these days.

There are also many TurboGold are on offer in store: I replenished some of my most commonly used sizes in store for a much better than usual price.

Thanks for the tip off. I've just been tempted into taking advantage of this good offer. (Hope I've not been taken advantage of!🤔)

I normally avoid these lydl/Aldi type multi-pack deals as you normally end up with too many fixings/tools/items that you never actually use. Couldn't resist this one though as they're very good screws.

I've been buying Reisser screws the last couple of years. They're excellent, the Rolls Royce of screws imo, but too damn expensive these days.
https://www.toolstation.com/screws-fixings/screw-trade-packs/c853

I would have a pack of those if they were tx, converted years ago, don't understand why we use pz.
I'm actually thinking of switching back to pz though, purely based on the fact it's such a ball ache getting tx sometimes. The industry isn't shifting so I may need to go with the flow and jump back to pz.

I would be happy with square also, I just wish we could standardise to a head that works.
Ah well, not the biggest problem in the world I'll just live with it

The last time I used those screws from screwfix I had cam out issues and two sheared, now back to Reisser cutters for some jobs as don't get the cam out issues and also Timco velocity which are great unless you cannot get a good square on drive, ie in awkward place.

The last time I used those screws from screwfix I had cam out issues and two sheared, now back to Reisser cutters for some jobs as don't get the cam out issues and also Timco velocity which are great unless you cannot get a good square on drive, ie in awkward place.
Ditto - PZ drive Turbogolds are good, I agree, but can be prone to cam-out - which was less of an issue with Torx drive Spax.

Back