strong fix to dot and dab walls?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pe2dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Saw Charlie and having those walls, bought a box.
Installed a grab rail, dot and dab over breeze (or whatever they're called).
Needed it quite strong.
Wow. I am impressed.

The theory is good, steel tube over the 'gap', then screws into wall behind that?
Makes for an M10 hole but... does the job.

10/10 for me. Screwfix purchase.

Or the old fashioned way where you just drill the fixing hole into the blocks, then cut out a circle of plaster board ( 20mm) , cut the fixing hole to depth and fit plug, use some 20mm dowel drilled central and fix with screw through dowel which keeps plug from pulling out.

Or the old fashioned way where you just drill the fixing hole into the blocks, then cut out a circle of plaster board ( 20mm) , cut the fixing hole to depth and fit plug, use some 20mm dowel drilled central and fix with screw through dowel which keeps plug from pulling out.
Not practical with the job I was doing Spectric. Neat idea for a single point though.... if I could find / make 20mm dowel. Brush handle?

I have taken this concept further with some jobs where I have removed a nice slot of plasterboard using a multitool and fitted a batten of hardwood snuggly fitted and could be fixed to the wall, now I had two fixing points for a heavy radiator.

Latest posts

Back