Trying to find...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClarkeHome

Reaction score
I recently bought a NuTools floor standing Morticer (Poolewood did one almost identical) which is quite old but it didn't come with a work piece clamp, see below.

Trying to find one from a scrap machine or anything that uses a T bolt mounting.
Any help and suggestions welcome.
Thanks.
IMG_20210202_201127.png

I suppose you’ve already tried emailing secondhand toool supply companies with a picture? The only other thing I could think is to get an engineering company to fabricate something up, perhaps starting with a big chunk of angle iron with a threaded boss welded to it etc. Ian

In addition to what's been said, what about buying a new clamp assembly from current make/model, that is as close as you can get to what you have, then get a fabricator to make you an adapter plate that you can fix to the clamp and bolt the whole assembly to the mortice table.

The Sedgwick mortice range is similar and a possibility as they have heavy duty clamps. Contact Scot & Sargent who are very helpful. I'm sure there are others too.

Thanks guys. Some good suggestions.
What I've decided to do, certainly in the interim is to use a couple of push toggle clamps mounted on an inclined slotted plate to provide the downwards clamping force to keep the workpiece pushed into the angle of the bed and back plate.
The mounting plate will be slotted where it mounts onto the bed to accommodate uneven work pieces.

IMG_20210206_201410.png

So this is how it turned out.
Spare bit of oak from a door kit and two M12 bolts.
The clamps are angled to push the workpiece down and back.
Works great.

IMG_20210220_140259_1.jpg

Back