TRITON WCA 390 & WCA 400

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

head clansman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

looking to buy a triton height winder and the sliding chassis wca 390 & wca 400 together don't want to chance sourcing one on it own just in case i cant get the other been all over the web and i'm going round in circles now one's not a lot of good without the other, I want to use with the sliding table extension eta 300.

Anybody know of any that i can source together , or know of anybody wanting to sell triton gear. hc

head clansman":1nkwn7rf said:
looking to buy a triton height winder and the sliding chassis wca 390 & wca 400 together don't want to chance sourcing one on it own just in case i cant get the other been all over the web and i'm going round in circles now one's not a lot of good without the other, I want to use with the sliding table extension eta 300.
I've suggested some possible sources in your other post, but you say here that you "want to use with the sliding table extension."

I hope you're aware that the WCA390 and WCA400 have nothing to do with the sliding table itself, they're the height-winding kit for the saw fitted to the Workcentre and the chassis upgrade kit for use only with the Triton 9¼" saw (TSA001, as it has eccentric cam adjusters specifically designed to align that saw alone), respectively. Here's a picture of the height-winder kit with the Triton saw (inverted):

wrkctr03.jpg

Any questions, let me know. :)

Ray.

Hi argee

Am i understanding you correctly here , I think i need some clarification are you saying that the wca 390 & wca 400 can only be use with a (triton saw ) or can i still fit my makita 250mm saw into it and be able to get height adjustment.

I would like to have the height adjustment to be able to cut grooves in gross cut mode under the timber if required and simple to adjust height of blade for safety reason as well . hc

head clansman":1pwk19vq said:
Hi argee

Am i understanding you correctly here , I think i need some clarification are you saying that the wca 390 & wca 400 can only be use with a (triton saw ) or can i still fit my makita 250mm saw into it and be able to get height adjustment.

I would like to have the height adjustment to be able to cut grooves in gross cut mode under the timber if required and simple to adjust height of blade for safety reason as well . hc
The chassis upgrade is for those who have the Triton saw only. If you don't have the Triton saw, then you don't need it, providing that the height winder will fit your existing saw chassis. What model Workcentre do you have?

Ray

Hi argee

I have the mk3 which i have had since the mid eighties. it has the old stye chassis with a makita 250mm saw held in with clambs.hc

head clansman":16j87jng said:
Hi argee

I have the mk3 which i have had since the mid eighties.
Ah, got it - OK, you'll need the new Sliding Chassis, as you anticipated, because the winder kit does not fit the earlier Mk 3 sliding chassis. You can leave the eccentric cam adjusters off and fit your Makita in the usual way. :)

Ray.

Hi all

My Triton parts arrived friday morning , been in the work shop this morning fitting the new height adjuster all fitted ok , but have a small problem when i turn the winder to adjust either way oh my god the plastic thread squeals like hell at you make your hair stand on end, just wondering apart from oil sprays is there any thing that i could apply to the treads so the saw dust wont clog up the treads from wet oils. hc

Have you tried PTFE spray? Usually works well and is virtually dry, so it doesn't attract dust, etc. You could try winding one layer of PTFE tape around the thread in the first place, but it won't last long. :)

Out of interest, where did you get the parts?

Ray

Back