Triton TRB001 + R/Raizer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrinkly1

Reaction score
Mornin' all,

Received my new Triton TRB001 router yesterday :lol: , which will be a permanent fixture in the router table, my query is will the Router Raizer fit this model as only the TRC001 is mentioned in the blurb.

TIA

Regards Bob

Hi RogerS,

Thanks for response, forgive my ignorance but most of my router experience (not a lot :) ) has been by hand only, have just aquired a table, after reading posts on here thought it was an advantage to have, didn't realise it wasn't required.

Teach me to read specs properly. :oops:

Regards Bob

wrinkly1":3lomxyru said:
... only the TRC001 is mentioned in the blurb.
The TRA001, TRB001 and TRC001 are essentially the same router, the codes were intended initially as international separators. The only physical differences in the TR model range is that most come with a "press and turn" twistlock to change plunge modes, others with a push-button mode change (both situated in the right-hand handle).

You'll need four machine screws - ¼" UNC - around ¾" to 1" in length to mount the router to an insert, as the baseplate screws are designed only to hold the thin black plate on and not to mount the router. Screws will not be supplied as part of the package, as the router mounting (the two domed-headed bolts) are specifically designed for twistlock mounting in Triton's own router table.

Let me know if you have any problems, as I've got some in stock. My review of the router is here. I also wrote a page on the maintenance and dismantling a while back, to be found here if it's any help. It will as least give you an insight into the workings of this unique tool. If you have the push-button plunge mode changing mechanism, this is identical to the one fitted to the smaller router, the MOF001, details of which can be found here and a comparative review here.

Please take the time to sit down with the router and have a thorough read through the manual before firing it up. You'll be sure to get the very best from it that way. Remove the plunge spring for inverted (table) use and leave the cap off as this allows dust and debris to fall straight through and not become compacted in the cap, preventing fully raising the router in some cases.

Any other questions, please fire away. :)

Ray

Thanks Argee,

You answered one question I had in your second para (size of screws), i'll have a sort through my nuts and bolts collection.

Will certainly read your links and the manual after showing myself up in original post.

Cheers for the tips.

Bob

Argee":16tv1idg said:
You'll need four machine screws - ¼" UNC - around ¾" to 1" in length to mount the router to an insert, as the baseplate screws are designed only to hold the thin black plate on and not to mount the router. Screws will not be supplied as part of the package, as the router mounting (the two domed-headed bolts) are specifically designed for twistlock mounting in Triton's own router table.

I'm sure weve discussed this before but I've mounted my big triton with just the black knobbed screws used for quick release using some longer same sized screws, I've been using it like this for nearly a year no problem, that seems to be the easiest way to me of mounting it? Also no tools required to get it out quickly if needed.

Ray, is there ANY truth in the story that the Triton was designed by a one-armed Australian chippy?

I just laughed when I was told that, but you seem to know enough about the machine to tell us either way! :D

Joiner":2wpl1uvu said:
Ray, is there ANY truth in the story that the Triton was designed by a one-armed Australian chippy? I just laughed when I was told that, but you seem to know enough about the machine to tell us either way! :D
That sounds like an urban myth to me - I've never heard anything like that before, sorry. :)

Both routers were manufactured by DURQ, Taiwan and they used to appear on that company's website, but not since the re-design. There has been some small progress in a limited production run of Triton pressed steel goods at DCI in Melbourne (Workcentre, Router Table, etc.), but there is no news currently on the powertools side of the equation.

BTW, some people in Oz got a little excited because they saw that the Triton website was regularly being "updated." This isn't the case, in fact, as the page runs a script that changes the date that the site has been "updated" to the current date every day, nothing more.

Ray.

Latest posts

Back