Triton Routers at B&Q

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a similar theme has anybody noticed any offers for the Triton Saw, thought its about time i updated the WorkCentre to a decent saw.

What do people using the WorkCentre think about the Triton Saw, its very expensive and I am not sure its that much better than say the hitachi 235mm

Any advice would be welcomed.

Harry.

harryc":1omzrghx said:
On a similar theme has anybody noticed any offers for the Triton Saw, thought its about time i updated the WorkCentre to a decent saw.

What do people using the WorkCentre think about the Triton Saw, its very expensive and I am not sure its that much better than say the hitachi 235mm

Harry.

Mine's been great. I consider my Triton setup to be my portable system but have always found the saw component to be very reliable and surprisingly accurate. It's the noise I don't like.

harryc":270yzbdr said:

Harry.

Harry,
I don't know if the Triton saw is better than the Hitachi (Hitachi have a pretty good reputation) but it is very good. The Triton is also considerably easier to set up...there are alignment cams in the saw holder that project through strategically placed holes in the saw's baseplate, which you can't use with other makes of saw. It is also a very powerful saw that has easily handled everything I have threwn at it.

Thanks guys,

I went ahead and ordered the Triton £134 inc postage from a Window Company!! on Ebay.
Just need to order a decent blade to go with it, any suggestions on a decent 235mm blade 60-80T blade.

Harry

Picked up a triton router today from My local B&Q in Peterhead near Aberdeen.
It went through at £149 there are two more on the shelf plus the display model.
It's the one with the free router bits.
The triton saws are going for £112.

Mike

B&Q Belvedere have 3 Triton routers to clear at £99.00 if anyone has Xmas money burning a hole I believe they were TRA 001.
You will find them on the top shelf by the entrance to the coffee shop.
They aren't my cup of tea but at that "Jockeyesque" price I almost bought the lot!

Regards Tom

O.K I know what I said but just couldn't resist at that price :oops: it actually rang up at £98.98. There is now only one left cellophane wrap missing but looked like it was all there.

2130380995_2c296d36d1_m.jpg

Merry Xmas Regards Tom

Well done Tommo, I thought I'd got a bargain when I bought mine from there a few weeks ago for £149 but I almost wish I'd waited now (I say almost because with my luck I'd have read this post and rushed down there to find the last one had sold 10 minutes previously :roll: ).
I suspect the next thing you'll need is a set of screws for table mounting, since you're in my neck of the woods your best bet is probably Modern Screws in Bexley.

Annoying forum! I have to sit here reading about everybody buying cheap routers. Then when I go down to Gloucester B&Q to have a look there are none left. Yeah, that's because I got the last one!!! :D

Now does anybody fancy ordering a few extra of those screws. I'm sure I could do a deal with somebody. Always got plenty to trade with. Before you ask, no I won't trade a few screws for a triton router! :wink:

Dave

davejester":3nr7ijgp said:
Annoying forum! I have to sit here reading about everybody buying cheap routers. Then when I go down to Gloucester B&Q to have a look there are none left. Yeah, that's because I got the last one!!! :D

Now does anybody fancy ordering a few extra of those screws. I'm sure I could do a deal with somebody. Always got plenty to trade with. Before you ask, no I won't trade a few screws for a triton router! :wink:

Dave

Woo Hoo !! , nice one 8)

I NEVER learn from ye olde proverb which say:

"Once you have bargain, don't revisit thread which show further bargain for it will screw your mind"

Still happy with my £149 purchase <looks>

If anybody spots an extra one and would be willing to post on, then LMK...

I looked in Weston Super Mare but they didn't appear to have any triton stuff left at all :(

Nothing in Edinburgh either.
I tried phoning round the local stores but the girls who answered didnt know what I was talking about. One girl asked me to wait while she checked - she came back on the phone five minutes later and told me "we don't stock routen triter products anymore" :roll:

If anyone sees any near Edinburgh let me know...

Cheers

Back