Triton Routers at B&Q

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just thought I'd bump this having picked a TRA001 up at my local "warehouse" on Thursday for £149. I'd recommend anyone who wants one of these to find a local B&Q with them in stock and get it scanned for price, no matter what the shelf edge or staff say the price is, as I have a feeling they've been reduced in the system nationwide but few stores have got round to marking shelves accordingly.
For anyone local to me, I got mine from Belvedere and they had 3 more dusty but unopened boxes on the shelf.

Good old B&Q they might be expensive,but their not afraid to reduce
items.Yesterday my local had 5 of these all boxed brand new £25-00
each....
Well? did you buy them all ? I think if an oppourtunity like that came up I would buy and post on here, you could still sell cheap...make someone happy and treat yourself to any tool you like and even... yes EVEN, take the missus out for a portion of chips.

Alan

There was one of them in my local for a tenner as the box was open,was tempted but am short of space and was occupied with the boxes of Spax screws at the time. :eek:

4 of these (TRA001) available for £149.99 at Halesowen branch, West Midlands. The one left on display has a motor brush and screw cap missing so might even come with a manager's special discount once the others are sold

Bought one yesterday for permanent use in table. Lovely action and very convenient

Has anyone here bought the display models from B&Q before?
What kind of discount do you typically get?

I did ask last week when I bough mine, but was told that they don't sell display models due to health and safety issues.

I don't think this chap was a manager, so maybe not authorised to do it.

j":2pi55sf5 said:
Has anyone here bought the display models from B&Q before?
What kind of discount do you typically get?

I did ask last week when I bough mine, but was told that they don't sell display models due to health and safety issues.

I don't think this chap was a manager, so maybe not authorised to do it.

Well at Halesowen, they had kept the empty box of the display model for repackaging. Perhaps they have a returns deal with Triton, but I thought they'd want to offload it and make some money back if not. I was almost tempted to ask.

Why not ring Halesowen branch and find out, as it may be left to the manager's discretion regarding H&S? Tel: 0121 504 9100

Iasked one staff member what happened to the display models and was told the staff get offered them at a silly price :lol:

Rod":nd4ge7fs said:
Iasked one staff member what happened to the display models and was told the staff get offered them at a silly price :lol:

Get a part time job at Halesowen B&Q for a few weeks? :D :D :D :D Buy a camper van and live outside the store. Make sure the van is a sought after model such that it can be re-sold at a profit :D :D

For anyone trying to get one of these and your local B&Q is out of stock, you could try asking them to order one for you as this is what my local branch did. They said that it was still a live item and so able to be ordered.

I was hoping to blag the only one they had (the demo one) for a silly price and that's when they offered to order it for me!

There's still one left in Cambridge.

Parked the car at 8:05pm last night, took 10 minutes to mug B&Q for the router and then found the England football no-hopers had also been mugged... :roll:

SWMBO won't let me even test the router until Christmas though... :(

Thanks for the tips you gave me at the show Ray :)

seanybaby":2geg084x said:
Anyone know if they have the Triton router tables and stands going cheap? If so, might have to get one ordered.

I asked the staff doing the mark downs when I got my router. They checked and said the table and stand were current stock not discontinued status so they could not do mark downs. Seems daft so it can only be a matter of time?

seanybaby":31epjzoc said:
Anyone know if they have the Triton router tables and stands going cheap? If so, might have to get one ordered.

Triton router table and stand is reduced at B&Q Fort Parkway, Birmingham. But only two left.

Another buyer here... B+Q Nottingham (Netherfield)

Sticker price was 197 (Reduced) .. thanks to evryone on here I reeled off the other stores doing it for less at cust. services, hey presto 149 8)

Thanks all

exigetastic":16ufsuix said:

Sticker price was 197 (Reduced) .. thanks to evryone on here I reeled off the other stores doing it for less at cust. services, hey presto 149 8)

Thanks all
Or you could have said and I quote 'Jockey can get them for £99 at his local branch' :lol: :lol: :lol:

motownmartin":10fvekpq said:
exigetastic":10fvekpq said:

Thanks all
Or you could have said and I quote 'Jockey can get them for £99 at his local branch' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or even £75 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course mate.

#Pulls magic wand out of back pocket and waves. Martin it will be with you Monday morning before 9.30am, i have charged your card ************9467 £75.00 plus £119.89 next day delivery.

Thank you very much for your business.

Back