Triton Router Switch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Al

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone found a safe bypass method for the MOF001 Triton router power switch.
When this unit is table mounted it can be awkward to access the power switch as it is situated to the rear of the router body.
If mounted in a dust box enclosure, virtually impossible to access.

:confused::confused::confused:

You need to dismantle the router and remove the interlock that operates the switch when the router is fully raised, this feature is to prevent router operation in the fully raised position when the automatic spindle lock engages and is in my opinion there as a precautionary measure for potential Darwin candidates. If you are a normal sensible person then before operating the router you check it rotates and that your cutter clears any fence aperture before turning it on. If you want to go further you could remove the automatic interlock and fit a muscle chuck which will also give you added height for your cutters. Now you can wire the router through any switch of your choice, leaving the switch on the router permanently on, personally I just use a normal metal clad switch because it gives a very easy effortless movement compared to some NVR's and I have it fitted in a prominent position.

Attachments

• TRA001 manual.pdf
    528.4 KB · Views: 11
  • MOF001 manual.PDF
    553.3 KB · Views: 6
Thanks Roy,
I was thinking along the same lines as I already have an NVR in close proximity.

I've got mine plugged into a socket, in the cabinet below, which goes to an NVR in easy reach. I keep the on/off switch on, only turning off to change bits. I find the speed control more awkward to use.

I used to have mine plugged into an nvr from machine mart. So just left the router power on and used the nvr.
When changing bits I used to switch it off at the wall as well.
If I remember right, the switch has a little sliding cover thingy for this purpose.

Ollie

If using a Triton in a table its an absolute bind getting to the switch, I put a Router Raiser collet on mine and this raises the router sufficiently that you don't need to go all the way into interlock, but in this case and NVR is essential for safety.

Latest posts

Back