Triton router question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Woodmonkey,

I got a trend universal sub base for my tra001 last week. I haven't gotten round to fitting it yet but from reading online i believe it has to be modified as the holes don't lineup exactly with the tra001. I'll hopefully get mine fitted this week and will let you know how it goes.

Out of curiosity, what's the benefit of the Trend base?

You still up all those steps?

I suspect it's because the Triton base comes as an accessory kit with some guide bushes but is about £70. So the triton base is cheaper and will allow you to just buy the guide bush you need rather than all of them. I resisted buy the kit and thought I could put £70 towards the OF1400?(which comes with a 30mm guide bush).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better finding a method of getting the leigh adaptor to fit it, then splurge on a metric set to fit that. Have it on all my Festy routers.

Shameless plug: In fact, I have a leigh adaptor unused for an OF1400 if you are in the market for one Disco Stu. I sold that router before I ever used it.

Just looking for the cheapest way to put a 30mm bushing on so I can cut some kitchen worktops for a mate, the router normally lives in my router table don't really want to shell out on loads of bits I'll probably never use.

Woodmonkey":326vf5wo said:
Just looking for the cheapest way to put a 30mm bushing on so I can cut some kitchen worktops for a mate, the router normally lives in my router table don't really want to shell out on loads of bits I'll probably never use.

Riiiight. Don't do that then. Can you not borrow a 1/2 inch with a guide bush? You can borrow mine if you like, but I'm sarf of the river.

Wuffles":1oivg49z said:
I have a leigh adaptor unused for an OF1400 if you are in the market for one Disco Stu. I sold that router before I ever used it.

Alas I think I need the router first!

I'm not intending to get a Leigh jig. I do quite fancy one, but unless I start getting into fine woodworking I'll probably stick with domino joints!

Wuffles":2bb7iiig said:
Woodmonkey":2bb7iiig said:

Riiiight. Don't do that then. Can you not borrow a 1/2 inch with a guide bush? You can borrow mine if you like, but I'm sarf of the river.

Thanks that's a kind offer but said mate has offered to pay for the bits, and I will be fitting my own kitchen next month s so will prob come in handy again

DiscoStu":3oozde30 said:
Wuffles":3oozde30 said:
I have a leigh adaptor unused for an OF1400 if you are in the market for one Disco Stu. I sold that router before I ever used it.

Alas I think I need the router first!

I'm not intending to get a Leigh jig. I do quite fancy one, but unless I start getting into fine woodworking I'll probably stick with domino joints!

It's not for a Leigh jig, well, it is, but it's not. It's to allow you to use any size guide bushing without buying any size Festool guide bushing - you buy the set I posted before and screw them into the adaptor.

Festool guide bushings can be pricey, for what they are anyway. Just means I have an adaptor in all my routers that can use the same guide bushings.

Latest posts

Back