Triton MOF001 height adjustment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacms

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been trying to salvage any usage out of my Triton but I am not sure that is really a possibility so before I throw the damn thing on the bin I thought I would double check to see if anyone has any device.
I bought the router a couple of years back and always had problems using it handheld as the height adjustment nut would rotate on its own if not being pressed down. So I decided it was time to put it on a router table and buy a smaller one for handheld use.

However, unless I am doing something wrong it is even worst on the table. The problem I am having is that after removing the spring and mount of the table I adjust the height precisely with the winder. Then put a piece of wood through and what started as a slight raised cutter above the wood is now about half of the original height. Any idea what this is happening? Do I need to adjust the height underneath the table and then just use the winder for the finer adjustments?

Any help would be much appreciated

I had a similar problem with my TRA001 which turned out to be the plastic teeth on the micro adjuster that had worn. They are also notorious for some of them having plastic teeth on the worm shaft which go, it could be the same on yours.

I took mine apart with some exceptional guidance from Ray Girlings website (raygirling.com) If you are thinking of binning it anyway it has got to be worth a go - the replacement part for mine was something silly like £1.69! However, don’t underestimate the amount of cussing, swearing and trapped fingers that went with the process.

Good luck, post back how you get on.

That is very very useful will have a look at that page. Is there instructions on how to this on that page or did you have to contact him?

Were you locking the router off with the lever when cutting to avoid it creeping heights under use by vibration?

-Neil

Glad you ask that question as I am not. Only ever use it in plunging mode when hand routing and did not realize that you would need to engage the lever when using a fixed height. You may have just saved a router.
Will give that a try on the weekend

Back