triton help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsaps

Established Member
Reaction score
i recently got the 1400w triton to go with the bigger one that i already have (and love)
this one however comes with a slightly unusual collett arrangement, there are different collets and sleaves for the 1/2 inch and the 1/4 inch i.e.you unscrew the collett and remove it completey with the sleave before screwing in a different collett with the other sleave
this works fine except for the 1/2 inch collett, when i loosen it to remove the bit, the bit won't come out, the sleeve seems to bite into the shaft and i have to tap/hit it with a hammer!!! to loosen and remove it.
i e'mailed triton who were very good and sent me a new collett but it's not the correct type (they said my router might be an import model?) and i haven't heard back from them.
has anyone had this happen and is there any advice how to rectify it, i've tried wd40 and even filing the rim of the sleeve to no avail.
does anyone know where i can get a replacement?
thanks very much for any help
grant

The collet is known as the "self-releasing" design, which can be a bit of a misnomer until you realise how they work. The initial loosening of the collet nut feels like it's enough to release the bit, but you need to undo another turn before the sleeve lets go. Try it. If that doesn't work, drop me a PM with your 'phone number and we'll chat about it. HTH :)

Ray

Latest posts

Back