Triton cricular saws going cheap in B&Q

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green

Established Member
Reaction score
Edinburgh (Newcraighall) warehouse are selling these off for £99. Only five left now :wink: .

Get in quick.

Legged it down to the local branch in Wolves and unfortunately still same price!!!!!!

Harry

Sorry for the wasted journey. definitely £99 in Edinburgh, I got one myself.
There were 3 left last night when I was in.

Green":1xkotwhh said:
Sorry for the wasted journey. definitely £99 in Edinburgh, I got one myself.
There were 3 left last night when I was in.

Well buy the others and flog them on Ebay and you could end up with a free saw.

In my opinion this price must being used as a loss leader because it would be very unlikely that anyone would want to use this saw free hand, you would have to be a tarzan type.
So I suppose the ideas is that you then buy into all the other bits and pieces.
I've had my outfit five years and its reliable and also its portability is another plus.

I was actually in B&Q looking at a Makita saw when I spotted them. I plan on getting the workcentre 2000 at a later date so I think I got lucky. Anyone got any opinions on how it performs in the workcentre?

Green":2ml0f8fe said:
Anyone got any opinions on how it performs in the workcentre?

I have the Triton saw in my Workcentre and it is great. I initially used a 190 mm Makita, which was fine but the depth of cut was very limited. The Triton saw is very powerful and has cut everything I have thrown at it with ease. And, because it is designed to go in the Workcentre, it is very easy to set up. You have got a real bargain at £99 when B&Q normally sell them at £215, I think. The best price I've seen on line is £180 from Triton Tools. I guess at the regular proce B&Q don't sell many and have to clear out their stock every so often. I heard that they did a similar bargain deal on the Superjaws at the start of the year at the Newcraighall store (missed that :cry: ) and I'm hoping they will similarly discount the big router some time soon.

I'm not sure what the going rate for tese is, but my local B&Q Warehouse had the big triton on at eighter £195 or £199, can't remember which. It did say was £240 on a little clearance sticker on the shelf.

Not sure why they are on clearance, is there a new model coming out or are they nolonger stocking them?

Anyway, all I need now is a 15%off power tools day which coincides with a wednesday (because my dad gets 10% off as an OAP) and I may well get one :)

I have put the saw through its paces since I bought it (building new workshop) and can honestly say that it is brilliant. Tonight I had to cut full depth (85mm?) through an OSB3/Pine/OSB3 sandwich at 7degrees and it sailed through giving a good, clean accurate cut.
I think the saws size and weight (it is a monster) make it very stable and accurate when used handheld. Its my favorite toy.

George_N

They have the router on offer now at £197. I don't know if that is any cheaper than anywhere else though.
I did ask why the stuff was being discounted and was told "its discontinued" whatever that means?

Thanks for the info on the WC. Will definitely be getting one now.

Cheers

I can vouch for the WC, finally had time to set it up last night, admittedly with my Ryobi saw but very impressive considering it was second hand from Ebay £110 including a seperate router table.

B&Q have the Triton saw at £178 (down from £198?) at my local store (which is very near to their HQ) plus other discounts on other Triton stuff. Nothing like £99 though!
They do not seem to have a consistent discount policy across the stores?

Rod

Just got a call from a mate - he got the last Triton Circular Saw from a Bristol B&Q for £50. Some people get all the luck!!

£50 is a total bargain. Im now on the lookout for a Workcentre 2000 to go with my CS. Keep popping in to B&Q see if they will be discounted too but no luck yet.

I've been to B&Q MK this morning lookng for bosch cordless drivers. But while I was there I had a glance at the Triton stuff.
Router is still £197, Saw is full price £225 and I think the workcenter was £225 + £23 (comes in two parts?) but can't be sure.

Latest posts

Back