Triton 2400w router repair needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knot Competent

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get this fixed in the Bristol area? I'd rather somewhere that do repairs, rather than send it away. The problem is the shaft won't lock when fully wound down, so it's impossible to change the bit.

Any help appreciated!

Should be an easy fix, can't you do it yourself? Are you sure the plunge is at absolute maximum? I had a similar issue with mine and it turned out that it wasn't plunging fully due to a build up of crud on the stanchions.

This may be of help to you: http://www.raygirling.com/dismtra1.htm

The collet lock feature is actually a very simple mechanism - as you wind down towards full depth, a feature in the base engages a steel pin into the collet. If you look at the 6th picture down on the linked page, you can see the black steel pin towards the bottom right of the image. This could be pressed in manually to confirm that the lock itself is working - then as MMUK suggests check for crud build-up elsewhere and that you are getting to full plunge depth.

Silly question - have you switched the router off? There is a mechanism that stops the router from plunging as far as the lock whilst the switch is on. If there is nothing obvious, I'm betting it's that interlock that is the source of the trouble.

Oh my, Siggy! I've got a horrible suspicion that you might be right! What a stupid mistake to make! I'll check first thing in the morning, but I think it is still switched on. Thanks very much for pointing out something I should have thought of myself.

You were spot on, Siggy! I'd left it switched on! Brilliant deduction on your part, so thanks very much, you saved me money and time, and stopped me from looking a .!

Knot Competent":1x9uv2uc said:
You were spot on, Siggy! I'd left it switched on! Brilliant deduction on your part, so thanks very much, you saved me money and time, and stopped me from looking a .!

Not quite sure about that :lol: but you did have the cohunes to admit it.

Glad to be of assistance :) We've all been daft before!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back