Trim Router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks @fleyh. Yes - I keep coming back to it as I already have the batteries for other stuff. It’s not got variable speed of the oomph of the Makita though.
What sort of trimming task requires oomph or variable speed?

If you meant palm size router (rather than trim router) with variable speed and oomph which can do okay trimming jobs - then (if OF1010 is not in the budget) it is hard to beat Dewalt DCW600 (cordless) or its corded version DeWALT D26204.
In cordless 1/4" palm routers category DCW600 (oomph wise) is in the league of its own. And it has the light (lighting up the area around your bit), just like mentioned above Bosch and recently released Mafell LO50.

+1 for the dewalt. Pleasure to use.

I use mine in the handheld base, sometimes in the plunge base, and sometimes in a small diy table (I have a second handheld base mounted in the table which it just clicks into.

Depth adjustment with the rotating collar thing is simple accurate and fast, locks solidly at depth.

Plunge base is good too, don't use it that often but handy to have the option to buy one if needed.

I always use with dust extraction so being corded isn't a bother for me.

Attachments

• 22-07-22DSC06019.jpg
    22-07-22DSC06019.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 22-07-22DSC06027.jpg
    22-07-22DSC06027.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 22-07-22DSC06041.jpg
    22-07-22DSC06041.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 22-07-22DSC06045.jpg
    22-07-22DSC06045.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
What sort of trimming task requires oomph or variable speed?

If you meant palm size router (rather than trim router) with variable speed and oomph which can do okay trimming jobs - then (if OF1010 is not in the budget) it is hard to beat Dewalt DCW600 (cordless) or its corded version DeWALT D26204.
In cordless 1/4" palm routers category DCW600 (oomph wise) is in the league of its own. And it has the light (lighting up the area around your bit), just like mentioned above Bosch and recently released Mafell LO50.
The DeWalt does look like a quality piece of kit. Coincidentally Axminster were using a couple of them in the plunge base to demonstrate their UJK dovetail jigs at Harrogate.

Last edited:
Makita 18v cordless, bought to replace bosch, which was brilliant, I looked at a dewalt but wasn't impressed with the build quality so bought the makita with plunge dbas and a small trim Base as well. I 3d printed an adapter for the saw rail and am stunned at how well it performed doing v grooved panel on green mdf
Not as quick as the gig cnc router but as that's broken it got us out of a hole.
Why not battery?

Why not battery?
I had an open mind at the outset but it’s not for site use and the battery set up I have is Bosch 12v which I have for cordless drills. I‘ve looked at the Bosch option mentioned earlier in the thread and while it’s a nifty design it’s not what I want. I also don’t really want to get into another battery regime.

I’ve decided on the Makita RT0702 … for better or for worse!

Thank you to everyone who has chipped in with their experience and thoughts.

Back