Trim Routers - What would you guys recommend ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roberto Flintofski

Established Member
Reaction score
H all, thanks in advance for the replies - I use a Triton 1/2'' router in my router table but 'feel I need' a battery lightweight trim router for rounding over edges and the like for bits and bobs I make in the workshop - Most of the stuff I have is Dewalt all 18 /20 V ( same I know ) and Ive about 9 of the batteries so have been looking at this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07KSRTDML/ref=sw_img_1?smid=A2KVF7QXNCLV8H&psc=1

Thoughts and recommendations / alternatives - Its a bit priced for me as a old guy but I like the 'Yellow Stuff'

I'd just do a search of the archives here, the question has come up many times before, including very recently, I have a corded makita trimmer that I'm very happy with, but if you need a battery trimmer and have dewalt batteries I'd be very suprised if the one you link to does a bad job, though arguably some may do it better. as long as you use quality bits you'll be fine with that IMO

H all, thanks in advance for the replies - I use a Triton 1/2'' router in my router table but 'feel I need' a battery lightweight trim router for rounding over edges and the like for bits and bobs I make in the workshop - Most of the stuff I have is Dewalt all 18 /20 V ( same I know ) and Ive about 9 of the batteries so have been looking at this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07KSRTDML/ref=sw_img_1?smid=A2KVF7QXNCLV8H&psc=1

Thoughts and recommendations / alternatives - Its a bit priced for me as a old guy but I like the 'Yellow Stuff'
There’s a pretty good review video looking at most the major brands here.

Also if you are looking at dewalt and already have batteries then there are much better deals in the market that the one you’ve linked as that doesn’t look to come with any accessories. Literally the first link on google for ‘dewalt router’ is cheaper and comes with a plunge base, fixed base, guide rails, dust extraction etc. Link

If you do go with the dewalt then let me know your thoughts once you’ve got it as I’ll be in the market for a trim router soon enough myself and I’m already on their battery platform so will probably just go with them.

Back