trend t11 for £100

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just thought I'd update you on my search of a collet nut.
I dropped trendcommunity a message asking if they knew where I could buy one, in the meantime I have actually found somewhere online that has them.
I 'was' about to order one this afternoon when the postman dropped a jiffy bag through the door. Imagine my surprise when opening the bag I found a collet nut and 1/2inch collet from trend.
Now that I wasn't expecting at all, after all, the ebay item made no mention of the collet nut being there - it was just the bare router. I suppose you could argue that the collet route is part of the router.
All I can say is thanks Trend - I'm not used to customer service like that nowadays.

Dibs-h":2dc2mldi said:
I saw the T5 on there for a reasonable price - I don't currently have a 1/4" router - is it any good?

They are fine for small, quick jobs. I use one I've had for Donkeys. In my case I can remove the plunge mechanism and use it with a drill in the 43mm collar. Makes an ideal vertical drilling guide. I would imagine the same applies with the Trend. Useful.

HTH

John :D

I've had a T5 for years, and I like it a lot. Ideal for DIY, but seems to be running out of puff now. May need new brushes, but that isn't too bad. Very easy to change cutters, light to handle. Mind you, I'd have one of those T11s like a shot...

T5 does well for me. Relatively light and it coped well with my beech workbench build. You just need to take lighter cuts and think ahead a bit more. When I bought it I assumed I'd be rapidly buying a 1/2" router as well, but 2 years later still I'm happily making do with the T5 alone :)

Boz

Back