Trend Diamond stone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one! mine pushed out fairly easily but the glue was tough to get off!

Pete

mseries":3jjzcp7s said:
gasman":3jjzcp7s said:
.... Take the plastic lid off, drop it on the workshop floor ...

From what height ? and what type of floor do you recommend ? do you think the kitchen floor might work ? :lol:

Our kitchen floor has ceramic tiles and it worked well on those. NB I did make sure it was at 30 degrees. :lol:

I've also bought one.

Didn't need one.....but got one anyway as its a damn good deal

gidon":2dti8thq said:
Thanks for the post. A bargain - although mine arrived with the diamond starting to delaminate from the substrate :(.

Ive never had a diamond stone before, but I understand it's perfectly normal that this happens when you first use them.

Can someone confirm?

Bought the five off deal, can't beat it for the price, easy to remove to get to the smooth size, brilliant observation that this existed. Don't actually need them......but they will come in handy for something!

I bought one of these 'stones' a few years ago, although it wasn't branded as being by Trend. I'm pretty sure it's made in the same place. I have many different types of stone but I primarily use the diamond for sharpening card scrapers. I just hold the scraper vertically and any back/forth strokes aren't going to groove the stone. Of course it's perfectly good for chisels and plane blades too. I found WD40 or any thin oil leaves the actual plate clean. With water it quickly starts to develop rusty deposits or marks.

Back