Trend Diamond stone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered one of these and it was delivered next day in an enormous envelope. You can't go wrong for £5 and free postage. Very aggressive cut but ideal for sorting out nicks and chips.

Regards Keith

Just ordered one!

Ho do you get them out? I seem to have missed that bit!

Pete

I bought 1 but then once it arrived thought 5 for £20 too good to miss so now I've got 6. Take the plastic lid off, drop it on the workshop floor and all mine separated leaving just the stones. There's a bit of glue residue on the fine side but even that comes off quite easily
Regards mark

gasman":vzxfcj1c said:
.... Take the plastic lid off, drop it on the workshop floor ...

From what height ? and what type of floor do you recommend ? do you think the kitchen floor might work ? :lol:

Racers":20z1oo4p said:
Just ordered one!

Pete

I meant to e mail you about these the other week.
I have one as well. Am impressed so plan to buy 5 more, if you like the one, and want another we can do a deal?.?

When it arrives it's easy to see how it comes out

gasman":10y35rmy said:
I bought 1 but then once it arrived thought 5 for £20 too good to miss so now I've got 6. Take the plastic lid off, drop it on the workshop floor and all mine separated leaving just the stones. There's a bit of glue residue on the fine side but even that comes off quite easily
Regards mark

+1

Bought a router bit too

Woodchips2":ze8jst5g said:
Why do they advertise them as single sided when there's a fine stone on the reverse? :roll:

Regards Keith

I wondered about that too.
Guess the fine side failed QA for some reason

lurker":3bb1gshx said:
Racers":3bb1gshx said:
Just ordered one!

Pete

I meant to e mail you about these the other week.
I have one as well. Am impressed so plan to buy 5 more, if you like the one, and want another we can do a deal?.?

When it arrives it's easy to see how it comes out

I could use one in the kitchen for sharpening knives, so if you do order some let me know.

Pete

I removed the stone from the stand by prodding through the hole with a dowel.

A little spot of the metal/plating came off the plate, and remained on the stand - so that
might be a warning for others, perhaps some heat might soften the glue.

it looks like they just hot-glued the stone to the stand.

BugBear

Back