Trailer for lugging timber

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lons":3c59vkji said:
That's not bad Phil ...

I'd only just posted my comment on fly tipping when BBC news showed a clip of the problem in London. :shock:

That is straighforward rubbish - they've started charging for plasterboard, asbestos, rubble etc.

The thing I couldn't quite understand on that London site was that they watched the people drive away then said they weren't accountable. How? Why?

phil.p":x9nvn3rt said:
Lons":x9nvn3rt said:
That's not bad Phil ...

I'd only just posted my comment on fly tipping when BBC news showed a clip of the problem in London. :shock:

That is straighforward rubbish - they've started charging for plasterboard, asbestos, rubble etc.

The thing I couldn't quite understand on that London site was that they watched the people drive away then said they weren't accountable. How? Why?

I couldn't understand that either except some of them looked like Gypsies / travellers, ( the ones who descend on any available space and wreck it, not the genuine travellers) who seem to get away with it every time.
The authorities got registration numbers and video evidence so should throw the book at them, they would quite happily, and rightly prosecute someone who drops litter in the street.

I felt sorry for the owner of the land who has to pick up the bill.

I would think that trailer is home made and at one stage had a braked hitch fitted which has now been removed. The brakes would of worked on an override hitch plus a handbrake.

Regardless of weight limits if brakes are fitted to a trailer they must work.

Removing the brake rods is not enough, you will need to get rid of all the brake parts, drums shoes and back plates, you could then claim it was made like that originally if it is under 750kg. Alternatively rebuild the brakes with a new hitch if it is over 750kg

Unfortunately most of these regs are almost impossible to find and only seem to come up when there is an accident.

Mark

I believe that brakes on trailers are only required to be functioning if it is of original construction. A quick check with a garage that services trailers/caravans will probably be a able to give you the correct info.

It is perfectly ok to place the breakaway cable over the neck of the tow bar.

Back