Tradesmen...18v Cordless drill recommendations please.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never had a problem with makita jigsaws. Cordless stuff in my opinion has its purpose. If ive got a load of 1.5 inch holes to drill in oak with an auger I'll think the torquey bosch corded tool would be better suited.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Hilti. I'm a site based tradesman and work my drill very hard. I've used it for driving trek screws into steel, drilling out for sash/deadlocks, large diameter hole saws etc. It's now 5 1/2 years old and has not missed a beat once. I'm still astounded by it really. I have purchased a matching impact driver to try and lighten the load on it, I'll be genuinely gutted when (if?) it eventually has to be replaced. I had a Festool before that which just about lasted the 3 year warranty period before both batteries stopped holding charge.

Dominion":1a3lirfe said:
Hilti. I'm a site based tradesman and work my drill very hard. I've used it for driving trek screws into steel, drilling out for sash/deadlocks, large diameter hole saws etc. It's now 5 1/2 years old and has not missed a beat once. I'm still astounded by it really. I have purchased a matching impact driver to try and lighten the load on it, I'll be genuinely gutted when (if?) it eventually has to be replaced. I had a Festool before that which just about lasted the 3 year warranty period before both batteries stopped holding charge.

Damn!!! I'd forgotten about Hilti. I had several Hilti tools years ago and they were pretty much bullet proof. I had 2 TM8's stolen in close succession and the price at the time stopped me replacing them like for like and I've stayed with 'the others' ever since. Oh well, maybe next time.

Did you do a lot of hammering into masonry with it? That will knacker most cordless combis unless they are the metal gearbox variety (I have the BHP451 Mak with the metal gearbox and it never misses a beat but I do not use it as much as you)

Not really memzey, screwing more than anything followed by wood drilling and occasional masonry drilling if it's a small job and my SDS is in the van!

Panasonic manufacture the Hilti drills
Has anyone with bad Makita batteries spoken to them about a warranty ? New tech will have teething problems (Early NiMh was rubbish - Makita replaced them no questions)
Matt

Panasonic again, they are very impressive, had a 2 for 7 years now only just onto 2nd batteries great stuff.

Whats wrong with getting a cheap black & Decker from B & Q if it gets knackered within the year claim under guarantee. (get your money back not a replacement each time :wink:)

devonwoody":1a2psshf said:
Whats wrong with getting a cheap black & Decker from B & Q if it gets knackered within the year claim under guarantee. (get your money back not a replacement each time :wink:)

Thanks DW but a black and decker wont last 5 minutes never mind a year.

Mine is three years old cost around £98 and it might start up again next year, and if they only last 5 minutes just pop down the road and get another under guarantee. :)

Latest posts

Back