toy landrover

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugo35

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all.
im looking for plans to make a toy landrover. back before got hitched used to race them and tinker with them alot.
with baby boy and another on the way, doing that agian is out of the question, so next best thing is to make one out of wood for my boy.

does anyone have or know where to get the plans, one im thinking about was working model using small elec motor.

thanks andy

Andy,

There was always a company advertising in the back of some of the UK woodworking mags with plans (or possibly a kit) for a large-scale model landrover designed to made of ply and solid timber, big enough for a youngster to drive around in.

I just tried to google it and came up empty-handed, and I have no back issues kicking about, but I'm sure someone must be able to come up with the necessary info.

Seem to recollect in wooden toy books by a guy named Blizzard some years ago there was a very detailed model of a Landrover along with other fantastic creations - the one I particulary remember was the American fire engine where the ladder on the model extended to over 6' - not sure now tho' wether his books are still published but they may be available secondhand - Rob

woodbloke":2g4no3gw said:
Seem to recollect in wooden toy books by a guy named Blizzard some years ago there was a very detailed model of a Landrover along with other fantastic creations - the one I particulary remember was the American fire engine where the ladder on the model extended to over 6' - not sure now tho' wether his books are still published but they may be available secondhand - Rob

I've seen Blizzard's books fairly frequently in second-hand shops so it's worth keeping your eyes open for them.

Paul

I used to have one of Richard Blizzards books - "Blizzard's Wonderful Wood Toys". He was publishing about 20 or so years back and also published "More of Bizzard's Wooden Toys " and "Blizzard's Outdoor Toys". Can't remember which one the Land Rover was in but you're right there was one. They seem to fetch a fiver or so over at Abe Books (cheaper than Amazon or Barnes & Noble and British to boot!)

Scrit

I have a copy of "Blizzard's Action Toys", published in 1988. I have not made any of them but I would love to have time to work though this book as I would have fun playing with them and I know our grandchildren would want to take them home. :D
There is the fire engine with 8' extending ladders in this book. The trucks and Volvo coach are wonderful but the Fokker Triplane looks to be great fun, shame I am a bit too big to play on it! Just were did I put that flying helmet?:roll:

woodbloke":37qpkxvn said:
DaveL wrote:

were did I put that flying helmet?

Contact......chocs away! - Rob

Reminds me of Charley Brown complaining about Snoopy, running up a 110BHP aero engine on the end of his kennel, when most other dogs just bark a bit. :roll:

Back