tour of workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jezmaster

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, some pic's of my workshop, it anit big, but i manage to do my projects in it.

Been interedsted in woodwork since young, and started collecting my tools since teenage days.

2008_10150032.jpg

2008_10150033.jpg

2008_10150034.jpg

2008_10150035.jpg

2008_10150036.jpg

2008_10150037.jpg

space is tight
2008_10150038.jpg

Whats the gas bottle for?

And also, after seeing other's small shops on here (maybe not as small as mine) I reckon they could offer you a better layout idea. I've seen others use a garage space very well.

Nontheless, as already said, nice workshop and I wish I had the same amount of space!

joiner_sim":2k4ygjci said:
Whats the gas bottle for?

And also, after seeing other's small shops on here (maybe not as small as mine) I reckon they could offer you a better layout idea. I've seen others use a garage space very well.

Nontheless, as already said, nice workshop and I wish I had the same amount of space!

its for my space heater

Nice timber collection!

Do you have a table saw? Or just use the BS?

Cheers

Karl

Your workshop looks about the same size as mine...better wood stock though, and your door seems to close more tightly. Do you get a problem with condensation in the winter?

Chris

i have a small table saw, a fern one, only does max rip of 300mm roughly.

for large ripping, i use my radial arm saw, and spin the haed 90 degree's and i get abt 600mm rip. love using that saw. so versitile.

i get no problem with condesation, but it does remain very cold in there on winter nights

hi, has anyone got recommendatiosn of a differnt layout that could be good, to fit in my shop?

Agree, nice wood stock! Is your door an up and over? Mine is and it lets a hell of a lot of air through, any tips for improving the sealing within the constraints are gratefully accepted

handy thing of working in joinery shop, get to keep offcuts.

door is up and over, no extra draught proofing, cant say mine lets wind throu, sorry

Ironballs, you could start by adding one of these Draught Excluders to the bottom edge of your door. The vertical edges could probably be sealed with some strips of the rubber stuff but, you'd need to alternate from both sides of the door to ensure it can still lift up-and-over to open! :wink: It would then be a good idea to add some insulation (probably 25mm) to the back, which could possibly be hidden behind sheets of hardboard, fixed to the door with self-tapping screws?

I was going to do all this at some point but, I now plan to replace it with a pair of side-hinged wooden doors... Whenever I can get around to it! :D

Jez.
Thanks for sharing the photos, looks a well used workshop, even if extraction doesn`t look like its top of your priorities :shock: :)

Latest posts

Back