Toolstation

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baldhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Popped into Toolstation this morning to pick up a few things, when I got home I discovered the young fellow that served me had given me 15mm brads instead of 25mm brads which I wanted, phoned their order line and was told, "sorry for that sir, I will send you the 25mm brads you wanted and keep the 15mm ones as it was our fault" I offered to take them back the next time I'm there but he insisted that I keep them.

Now that is good service.

Baldhead

Yes it cost them very little, but means hell of a lot to you.

I don’t have a Toolstation local to me but do use their on line order service, I have found their customer service to be up there with the best. =D>

Take care.

Chris R.

The online service is the best you can get but the shop is the worst. I have checked they have it at the shop when i get there they say they do not sell it. i point at it and they still say they do not have it!

wizard":3eeyaq3w said:
The online service is the best you can get but the shop is the worst. I have checked they have it at the shop when i get there they say they do not sell it. i point at it and they still say they do not have it!

I offered to take them back the next time I'm there but he insisted that I keep them.
Now that is good service.
Baldhead

Two opposing experiences. Just shows how much it's the shop assistant that makes or breaks a company's reputation.

True to their word, the correct nails arrived this morning FOC.

Wizard there are 2 Toolstation counters I use and the staff are excellent at both, perhaps an email to head office might help sort out the problems you experience.

Baldhead

Hi I have always had great service from Toolstation you can see the goods before you pay the staff are very good
A few yard's away is Screwfix order your goods pay and then told half of your order is out of stock the staff are very rude for me it's the shop of last resort both stores are in Minworth

I've bought a few things from Toolstation in the last year or so and had to return things for various reasons and they've always been good about it.

Their hours are quite good if you work a 9-5 and can't get away at lunch too as they're open quite late.

Harry 48":93trio9s said:
Hi I have always had great service from Toolstation you can see the goods before you pay the staff are very good
A few yard's away is Screwfix order your goods pay and then told half of your order is out of stock the staff are very rude for me it's the shop of last resort both stores are in Minworth
I think Screwfix went down hill when the Kingfisher group took them over, they are also more expensive than Toolstation and you have to spend over £50 to get free P&P, whereas you get free P&P from Toolstation if you spend over £10, makes me wonder how on earth Toolstation make a profit!

Baldhead

Having used my local branch of Toolstation several times over the past year I've always found the service to be excellent and the prices are some of the best around. The last item I purchased was out of stock, so I asked if they had any stock at other branches, they did, but on the other side of the country. No problem they said, we'll have it sent here for you. This was fairly late in the evening but the item promptly arrived by 11am the following morning 8)

Best of all, they have a hot drinks machine dispensing, amongst other things, Belgium hot chocolate, and it's even free of charge :) 8) and very tasty.

On taking things back for whatever reason I was told that most of the time it costs more to re-shelve, so it all goes into a crate and they get sold off at auction :roll:

Need to take a few things back tonight to Toolstation, beyond return date :wink:

Andy

JJ1":1m2ugn3s said:
Best of all, they have a hot drinks machine dispensing, amongst other things, Belgium hot chocolate, and it's even free of charge :) 8) and very tasty.
I forgot about the drinks machine! Yesterday it had a note on it saying OUT OF ORDER, I was gutted!!!

Baldhead

Harry 48":1k64bct7 said:

Useless in that there Screwfix branch ain't they? :roll:

I hardly go in there if I can help it but they're next to Toolstation, Eurocell and Magnet, places I go regularly so convenient in dire emergencies.

I have also found Toolstation to be really good.The Everbuild D4 PVA is the best, and most reasonably priced, PVA I have used. The PU is good as well, 5min or 30min.

I use them very regularly mostly on line as nearest branch is 25 miles away. Their delivery is excellent and only £10 to qualify for free. Had a delivery just this morning ordered yesterday. I have had to return a couple of things in the past and one item was broken but their customer service staff are very good.

I agree with the comments about screwfix going downhill and I find the items I want are often out of stock but I use them when I need to collect as they have a more local store.
It was my understanding that the screwfix owner started toolstation after he sold out the Kingfisher.

Bob

Lons":8h7xsg9o said:
I use them very regularly mostly on line as nearest branch is 25 miles away. Their delivery is excellent and only £10 to qualify for free. Had a delivery just this morning ordered yesterday. I have had to return a couple of things in the past and one item was broken but their customer service staff are very good.

I agree with the comments about screwfix going downhill and I find the items I want are often out of stock but I use them when I need to collect as they have a more local store.
It was my understanding that the screwfix owner started toolstation after he sold out the Kingfisher.

Bob
Bob

I was told when screwfix was bought by Kingfisher the owner retired, and one of his sons started Toolstation, either way they are far better than screwfix.

Baldhead

I didn't realise that. It sort of puts them up in my estimation ( and maybe explains why so many of them are so close to screwfix's :) )

Back