Screwfix, what an utter pain in the proverbial

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a regular customer at our local (Daventry) Screwfix and the service has always been excellent. As an aside I went to Screwfix Live last week and had a great time (sadly Festool weren't there so also going to D&M show next week as I'm after a good deal on a Kapex KS60 as a treat to myself to dull the pain of becoming an old age pensioner). For a free registration and entry I got a free bag of goodies plus a few more from exhibitors:

View attachment 144674
Screwfix Live - what a treat. I didn’t know about that one or I’d have snuck off for a boy’s day out.
PS Southam seems to hold better stock than Daventry - I think they have a bigger on site warehouse.

I use Screwfix a lot, but I always order on line for collection. Used to have to drive 10 miles to Stroud, but now there's a new branch about a mile away.
Long opening hours, and open on Sundays. Love it.

I am a regular customer at our local (Daventry) Screwfix and the service has always been excellent. As an aside I went to Screwfix Live last week and had a great time (sadly Festool weren't there so also going to D&M show next week as I'm after a good deal on a Kapex KS60 as a treat to myself to dull the pain of becoming an old age pensioner). For a free registration and entry I got a free bag of goodies plus a few more from exhibitors:

View attachment 144674
Those corefix are brilliant.👍

I use Screwfix and ToolStation a lot and price check on the spendy items, great click and collect service - fast and no wasted trips. Excellent service from both.

When we lived in France a few years ago 12pm to 2pm all France came to a stop for lunch two hours by law

There always seems to be a long queue in our local branch and it mostly seems to be caused older couples who have come in without knowing what they actually want (purely an observation, no malice meant). I always order in advance and then check in through the app when in the car park. The number of people giving me the stink eye when I walk past the main queue and into the fast lane one for pre-orders is always amusing and I am out of the shop before they have taken one further step forward. Use the technology!

Sean

There always seems to be a long queue in our local branch and it mostly seems to be caused older couples who have come in without knowing what they actually want (purely an observation, no malice meant). I always order in advance and then check in through the app when in the car park. The number of people giving me the stink eye when I walk past the main queue and into the fast lane one for pre-orders is always amusing and I am out of the shop before they have taken one further step forward. Use the technology!

Sean
And when a certain gent causes an EMS us with a bit of paper will still get what we want whilst you are scratching your head as to how to order 😆😆

And when a certain gent causes an EMS us with a bit of paper will still get what we want whilst you are scratching your head as to how to order 😆😆
Except the staff won't be able to find it without the computer to tell 'em where it is :LOL:

Latest posts

Back